Job Title: Senior Officer M&E (3 Career Vacancies)
Save the Children is the world’s leading independent organization for children and has program presence in over 120 countries in the world. Save the Children envisions a Uganda in which every child attains the right to survival, protection, development and participation. Our mission is to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children, and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives. We strive to create impact for children by delivering our Programmes through partnerships, by being innovative, by acting as the voice for and of children, and by achieving results at scale.
In Uganda, we implement programmes in six thematic programme areas of Child Protection, Child Rights Governance, Education, Livelihoods & Food Security, Health, Nutrition and HIV/AIDS in development and emergency contexts. Save the Children delivers programs in over 36 districts in the North, Rwenzori, North-Eastern and Central regions of Uganda, Currently, Save the Children has a staff complement of over 200 persons. We save children’s lives. We fight for their rights. We help them fulfil their potential. In 2013, we reached over 143 million children through our work around 52m directly and 91 million indirectly around the world.
Job Summary: The Senior Officer M&E shall offer provide technical support in the design and implementation of the M& E plan of the refugee settlement. S/he will be pivotal in identifying, designing and rolling out monitoring and evaluation principles and frameworks essential to the needs of the refugee settlement.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The candidate must possess a Bachelor’s degree in Development Studies or any relevant discipline. Possession of a post graduate qualification in Monitoring and Evaluation will be an added advantage.
- A minimum of three years’ experience and demonstrated practical skills in monitoring and evaluation of programs;
- Proven ability and skills in analysis and report writing is essential.
- Excellent knowledge of monitoring and evaluation principles and practices is essential;
- Comprehensive knowledge and experience in the development and implementation of monitoring and evaluation frameworks and systems required for community development programs are essential.
- Past experience of working with local partners and District Local Government in Child Rights Governance, Health, Nutrition, Education, HIV/AIDS or Child Protection is an added advantage.
- Excellent analytical skills and strategic planning abilities.
- Possess the ability to establish and maintain conducive collegial relations and perform effectively as a member of a team.
- Exhibit willingness to travel and work in hard-to-reach areas, occasionally under strenuous conditions.
- Computer literacy skills and excellent documentation skills are a must.
- Availability and willingness to work extra hours during times of humanitarian responses.
- Highly developed cultural awareness and ability to work well in an international environment with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures
- Ability to intervene with crisis management or troubleshooting as necessary.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills including influencing, negotiation and coaching
- Excellent time management and planning capacity.
How to apply for the job:
All interested candidates should submit their applications with cover letters and a detailed CVs indicating three professional referees, two of whom should have been direct supervisors should be submitted to: The Director of Human Resources & Administration Save the Children Plot 68/70, Kiira Road P O Box 12018, Kampala, Uganda Or via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer, persons with disabilities and female candidates are encouraged to apply.
NB: Testimonials/certificates should not be attached to applications that are submitted online. Candidates are therefore encouraged to apply at the earliest opportunity.
Deadline: Friday, 6th June 2014