Organization: Uganda Management Institute (UMI)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Director General
Uganda Management Institute (UMI) is a management development institution with a mission “To Excel in Developing Practical and Sustainable Administration, Leadership and Management Capacity.” It provides management training, consultancy and research services in response to the demands of the public, private and NGO sectors. In addition to short performance improvement management skills development courses, the Institute offers high quality career development management courses at Certificate, Diploma, Postgraduate Diploma and Higher Degree Levels.
Job Summary: The Senior Procurement Officer (Head PDU) will in charge of planning, coordinating, and oversight of the procurement and disposal of assets function of the Institute to ensure value for money.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Mobilize resources of the Procurement Unit planned, budgeted and controlled;
· Ensure conformity with Government procurement regulations enforced;
· Procurement and disposal of assets process coordinated;
· Ensure the proper functionality of the Contracts Committee supported;
· Effective and efficient procurement system enforced;
· Provide technical advice to the Accounting Officer, Contracts Committee and Institute Governing Council members, on matters pertaining to procurement provided;
· Staff members of the procurement secretariat guided and developed.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicant must hold an Honors Bachelor’s Degree in Procurement/Purchasing and Supplies, Business Administration, Commerce, Law, Transport and Logistics Or in a procurement related field; Plus full professional qualification in Supply Chain Management;
· Possession of a Masters’ Degree in Procurement/ Purchasing and Supplies or an equivalent professional qualification;
· At least five (5) years relevant working experience three (3) of which should have been gained at a supervisory level from a reputable organization;
· Must be a Member of the Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (MCIPS).
· Age: Between 30 -59 years old
How to Apply:
All candidates must send hard copy applications with comprehensive typed CV, certified copies of transcripts and certificates together with the applicant’s telephone contact, names, addresses and telephone numbers of three referees should be received at the address below;
The Human Resource Manager
Uganda Management Institute
Plot 44 – 52 Jinja Road
P.O. Box 20131, Kampala
Tel: 0414-259722/ 265139/ 265140/265138
Deadline: Friday, 6 November 2015 by 3.00pm