Network for Water and Sanitation (NETWAS) Uganda is a non government organization that registered in Uganda in 1996 to provide Water Supply, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) services in the sector. NETWAS (U) is affiliated to NETWAS International, which is part of the International Training Network (ITN) for Water and Waste management, which supports the development of WASH activities in developing countries.
NETWAS (U) works through partnerships at local, national and international levels to contribute to WASH development in the sector by building capacity of local partners and other stakeholders in knowledge management, training, action research and management of WASH facilities in the urban and rural areas. This has been achieved through Donor support, consultancy work and fostering synergies with existing partnerships.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Contribute to the strategic leadership and direction of the organization, including staff supervision.
- Initiate sustainable resource acquisition mechanisms to support institutional growth.
- Build staff/ partners capacity in writing quality concept notes, funding proposals, and ensure compliance to government and donor requirements.
- Plan, manage and guide the implementation of fundraising action plans to realise the targets.
- Have direct supervisory responsibility over the programme Officers of NETWAS (U), including Programme monitoring.
- Assist in the preparation of annual workplans / budgets including quarterly/annual reports.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should posses a Masters degree in any of the following: Development studies, Business administration or Organization Development. A bachelor’s degree in any of these fields; Social Sciences, Water Resources Management or Environmental health. A post graduate qualification in Resource mobilization and experience in programme management would be an added advantage.
Should have worked in a senior management position, with at least six years experience in writing funding proposals and strategic planning.
- He/she should be conversant with the latest funding requirements of government and development partners/donors in the WASH sector, with good knowledge of WASH/global development issues and policy concerns in Uganda.
- Experience in implementing development projects would be an added advantage.
- Experienced in budget monitoring & reporting, resource mobilisation and with demonstrated ability to work with minimum supervision, self motivated, a team builder, with excellent communication/negotiation skills and able to accomplish tasks on tight deadlines.
- Experience in working with a non-Government Organization, Government and development partners/institutions for at least five years.
How to Apply for the job:
All candidates should send their applications accompanied by detailed curriculum vitae, copies of academic certificates and three competent referees, one of whom MUST be from your current or previous employer should be addressed to: The Chairperson NETWAS COUNCIL, P.O. Box 40223, Kampala, Uganda or drop it at Plot 2220 Portbell Road, Aqua Complex, Kitintale, First Floor, Kampala, Uganda.
Deadline: 12th December 2013 by 5pm