Job Title: Systems Administrator
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for monitoring software and hardware issues and arranges repairs as necessary.
- Documenting what is required to attain an effective ICT infrastructure support services to ensure smooth operation of ICT in the Ministry.
- Documenting and following up on critical requirements for promotion of awareness of ICT security issues.
- Offering technical guidance on what is required to achieve a good value in procurement of ICT equipment services.
- Coordinating actions for proper maintenance of the Ministry website and ensuring it is up and running at all the time.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The Systems Administrator should possess an Honor’s Bachelor’s Degree in either Information Technology or Business Computing or Computer Science or any other Degree qualification with computing option from a recognized University/Institution.
- Professional qualification in any professional courses such as CCNA, MCSE, CompTIA A+ (core hardware and operating systems) will be an added advantage.
Age: Between 20 – 45 years
How to Apply for the job:
All candidates are encouraged to fill in applications in triplicate and submit them to the Secretary, Public Service Commission, P.O. Box 7080, Kampala, Uganda. The Application and Summary Forms are obtainable from the Public Service Commission Office, 2nd Floor, Farmers House, Parliament Avenue, Kampala, Ministry/Department Headquarters and District Service Commission Offices, or can be downloaded from the PSC website, download here. Hand written applications are also acceptable.
- Application forms should bear the title of the post followed by the Reference Number specified against the vacancy. The appropriate Advert Title e.g. “PSC External Advert. No. 1/2014” should be indicated in capital letters on the top of each first page of the Public Service Form No. 3 (2008). Applicants should attach three sets of photocopies of their certificates and testimonials. Applicants subsequently shortlisted for oral interviews shall be required to present certified copies and originals of their academic transcripts and certificates at the time of sitting the Oral Interviews.
- Applicants should attach three (3) recent certified passport size photographs and should apply for a maximum of only two (2) posts clearly indicating the first and second choice on the application.
Deadline: 16th October, 2014