Job Title: Trade Marketing Representative
NFT Consult, a leading HR Consultancy firm, seeks to recruit for it valuable client, The British American Tobacco is the only International tobacco group with a significant interest in tobacco leaf growing which works with thousands of farmers internationally. BAT runs leaf programmes providing direct agronomy support to famer from aspects of crop production and environmental best practice. British American Tobacco (www.bat.com) is a market leading, global organisation with a long, established history and a bright and dynamic future. Thanks to our people we have continued to deliver growth and exceed expectations in an increasingly complex and challenging marketplace.
Job Summary: The Trade Marketing Representative will be responsible for driving continuous volume and value growth by optimizing Trade Marketing fundamentals, i.e. visibility, availability, merchandising, pricing, product freshness etc. Observe Corporate and Regulatory Affairs guidelines and effective resource management. He/she will support his assigned Distributor(s) team to achieve effective and efficient distribution. Will leverage the leadership position of BAT to gain competitive advantage amongst tobacco companies and other FMCG companies. He will aim to position the company as a bench mark supplier in the territory.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Operational Results:
- Ensure achievement of volume objectives in territory.
- Ensure achievement of distribution objectives in territory
- Ensure that Distributors remain within defined stock policy
- Ensure visibility of own brands across all channels by deploying and making effective use of POS materials in strategic channels, and ensure that all retail outlets achieve home sight visibility for our brands
- Provide field information and reports on market trends, competitor’s performance, level of achievement of own strategy and opportunities to ensure Area managers are informed at all times.
- Develop and adhere to a well-defined work program and route plan as agreed with Area Manager, and ensure achievement of planned calls, effective calls and call efficiency
- Effective Implementation of cycle plans instructions to meet the company’s objectives
- Implementation of Key Control Check-list across functions to minimize level of business risk to the company.
2. Leadership Results:
- To live company values and ensure that the company is exemplified as responsible to ensure BAT continues to enjoy the social license of the populace.
- Support and develop Distributor representatives (Van, bike, motorbike, foot soldiers) to achieve high performance by establishing a constructive feedback processes and Full implementation of the start BAT Distributor training modules
- To provide leadership in the identification of opportunities and weaknesses in the assigned territory and ensure that issues are addressed in good time through adequate planning within the territory.
- Demonstrate commitment by allocating meaningful resources to personal development.
3. Relationship Results:
- Imbibe the spirit of an open communication.
- Improve company corporate image operating to the highest standards of business ethics, environmental, health and safety, using the International Marketing Standards and anti-competition guidelines for the marketing of tobacco products.
- Constantly engage local government officials, Transport/traffic agencies and other stakeholders to avoid disruption of BAT operations in the territory.
- Create a balance between work and private interest.
4. Innovation Results:
- Constantly develop and use initiatives to achieve outstanding performance.
- Regularly review all activities to measure effectiveness and constantly factor feedback into future planning.
5. Management Results:
- Maintain an up-to-date and accurate Retail classification database and merchandising digest at all times
- Ensure the effective use of call cards by all salesmen in the territory, analyze and use the information collected to improve performance
- Manage budgets and resources of the territory to ensure that trade marketing assets are secure and used in the most efficient and effective manner possible.
- Maintain a performance TM&D dashboard
- Evaluate the success of all activities implemented in the assigned territory versus set objectives.
- Ensure that trade merchandising policies and space management practices by channel and outlet type in order to achieve the highest in-store visibility of the key strategic brands.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should hold a first degree or its equivalent.
- Possess the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Excellent inter personal skills.
- In possession of a valid and clean driving license.
- Achievement of territory market share objectives.
- Achievement of volume and profitability targets
- Achievement of distribution objectives.
- Achievement of benchmark supplier status
- Effective implementation of trade channel programs.
- The most important parameters by which successful performance will be judged are: Volume and value share growth of the company’s brands, Commitment and passion for the job,
- Growth and coverage of distribution network at retail.
- Maintaining healthy relationships with local government officials, Transport/traffic agencies and other stakeholders to avoid disruption of BAT operations in the territory.
- High degree of Honesty and Integrity
How to Apply for the job:
All suitably qualified candidates should visit the web link below and create a profile on the NFT Consult website by entering their e-mail addresses. Please visit web link below and click Apply now if convinced you have the job requirements. The applications/CVs should be prepared in English and submitted in either MS Word or PDF format will be considered.