The United States has enjoyed diplomatic relations with Uganda for over 30 years. Ambassador Scott H. DeLisi currently heads the U.S Mission to Uganda. The Mission is composed of several offices and organizations all working under the auspices of the Embassy and at the direction of the Ambassador.
- A bachelor’s degree in medical laboratory sciences, biomedical laboratory technology, clinical laboratory science, chemistry, physical or biological science from a recognized institution. Registration with the medical council or the allied health professions council is required.
- Have completed two years’ of university studies in medical laboratory sciences, biomedical laboratory technology, clinical laboratory science, chemistry, physical or biological science from a recognized institution. Registration with the medical council or the allied health professions council is required.
- Two years’ experience as a medical clinical laboratory as a generalist in a clinical/hospital laboratory setting is required.
- Three years of full time work in a medical clinical laboratory as a generalist in a clinical/hospital laboratory setting is required.
- Excellent working knowledge of skills to perform both routine and complex laboratory testing in the areas of hematology, urinalysis, chemistry, microbiology, serology, immunology, blood banking, and parasitology.
- Proficiency in specimen collection and phlebotomy are essential.
- Familiarity and understanding of the U.S. laboratory standards of testing and quality assurance practices as defined by the CLIA ’88.
- Ability to work independently with only telephone consultations with the RMLS. Applicant must have a good understanding of General Anatomy, Medical Terminology, and Laboratory Science.
- Possess prior knowledge of laboratory equipment used in performing a variety of laboratory tests and skill in performing preventive maintenance and troubleshooting/repair on laboratory equipment.
- The position requires strong interpersonal skills and a client-oriented disposition.
- Ability to use specialized laboratory equipment. Able to use Microsoft Office Suite. Able to explain complex medical information to his/her peers as well as a lay audience. Have problem solving skills that allow for the maintenance and trouble-shooting of complex medical equipment and data management skills.
- Ability to take direction and also work independently.
- Universal Application for Employment as a Locally Employed Staff or Family Member (DS-174) Download it Here.
- A current resume or curriculum vitae.
- Candidates who claim US Veterans preference must provide a copy of their Form DD-214 with their application. Candidates who claim conditional US Veterans preference must submit documentation confirming eligibility for a conditional preference in hiring with their application.
- Any other documentation (e.g. essays, transcripts/certificates, awards) that addresses the qualification requirements of the position as listed above.
Deadline: 30th January, 2014