Job Title: Knowledge Exchange Officer
Organisation: Management Sciences for Health (MSH)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Management Sciences for Health (MSH) is a global health nonprofit that makes foundational changes to health systems to protect people from diseases and improve their health. MSH collaborates with local partners, from the Ministry to the community, to strengthen and complement existing health systems. Since 1971, MSH has worked in more than 150 countries to help ensure sustainable, resilient, and equitable access to quality health care around the globe.
Job Summary: The Knowledge Exchange Officer is responsible for supporting strategies that increase the project’s visibility to diverse audiences and expanding digital information sharing of the project’s lessons, results, and achievements. The Officer supports the design, development, and dissemination of high-quality tools and materials targeted to USAID, the Government of Uganda, and other key audiences, including implementing and local partners and beneficiaries (local governments, health facilities, civil society), supports internal and external events and digital platforms such as Ministry of Health’s Pharmaceutical Information Portal. The position is responsible for ensuring compliance to USAID branding and marking requirements and MSH branding guidelines.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Visual Design and Product Development – 60%
- Support the implementation of audience-focused, results-driven communication strategies for the project, in collaboration with project leadership and MSH’s communications department.
- Design visual content for print and digital reports including infographics, animation and presentation materials to simplify communication of complex concepts and data.
- Create short videos/ photography to highlight and promote various activities and events
- Support all teams in designing and editing materials for a range of audiences, including Pharmanet newsletter, research papers, fact sheets, technical briefs, success stories and social media.
- Maintain an organized collection and archive of photos, graphics, icons, infographics, data bites video clips to use in various digital content.
- Work closely with colleagues in MSH Communications Group to review documents and coordinate the final production of publications.
- Work closely with USAID and implementing partners to implement communication priorities and activities.
- Ensure that all communications comply with the relevant USAID branding and marking requirements and review and approval processes.
- Conduct data visualization/ graphic design trainings for project staff and partners.
- Provide administrative assistance and support the identification of technical resources.
Participate in the development and implementation of the stakeholder engagement, communication and knowledge management plan (40%)
- Contribute to knowledge management, learning and adaptation activities including effective donor reporting.
- Assist in the preparation of reports on the findings and lessons learned from project interventions
- Support the update of the Pharmaceutical Information Portal website content.
- Support the project’s monitoring and evaluation efforts.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate must hold a Bachelor’s degree in communication, graphic design, marketing, journalism, international development studies, or related education.
- Four to six years of professional work experience in communication, graphic design, knowledge management, photography/videography, or similar field.
- Strong writing skills, with ability to convey complex technical information in clear, compelling language without technical jargon.
- Strong visual communications skills, including the ability to communicate complex concepts and data through images.
- Thorough knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (mainly InDesign, Illustrator, Premiere, and Photoshop), Microsoft Office and G Suite, online platforms and social media.
- Proven experience of photography and videography skills.
- Experience in the production of print and digital knowledge products and dissemination strategies.
- Experience with international development and the health sector, desirable.
- Demonstrated graphic design, writing, and editing, photography/video skills. Comfortable working with data.
- Ability to assess priorities, work gracefully under pressure with multiple deadlines, and manage projects through to their successful completion with attention to detail and quality.
- Strong multi-tasking, organizational, and time management skills. Must be able to problem-solve.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and to work proactively and independently.
- Ability to maintain a flexible work manner and schedule.
How to Apply:
All candidates should apply online at the link below