Job Title: Knowledge Management Officer
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Jhpiego is an international non-profit health organization affiliated with Johns Hopkins University. The group was founded in 1973 and initially called the Johns Hopkins Program for International Education in Gynaecology and Obstetrics, but is now referred to simply as Jhpiego.
Job Summary: The Knowledge Management Officer will lead the development of the knowledge management component of the GHSA CDC funded program in Uganda. S/he will support the MOH to share surveillance data with the wider audiences through, data briefs, conference abstracts and presentation, journal publications, and other relevant channels.
This is a contract position and is renewable annually based on availability of funding and scope of work.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide technical leadership setting up and maintaining a knowledge management system for the project
- Provide technical oversight for the use of surveillance data for knowledge management purposes
- Lead in supporting the relevant MOH and district officers to prepare data briefs, conference abstracts, journal manuscripts
- Strengthen the capacity of surveillance officers at the MOH and districts to prepare surveillance data presentations for a wider audience
- Coordinate with the data visualization advisor on relevant support to the ministry of health and districts
- Organize regular meetings with relevant officers in the MOH and other partners
- Ensure planned activities are implemented and meet Jhpiego quality standards
- Conduct regular supportive supervision of the surveillance officers
- Produce and submit quality updates and reports on time to the Data Visualization Advisor
- Undertake activities relevant to the project as assigned by the supervisor
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Degree in Mass Communication or related field Masters’ degree in Public Health Communication or related field.
- Relevant certifications in Knowledge Management
- At least five years of related experience, in health management information systems at the national level
- At least three years of experience working with donor funded programs and teams
- Technical expertise in supporting knowledge management initiatives
- Knowledge and experience of working with the MOH Experience in supporting data use for knowledge management purposes
- Demonstrated skills in training/ orientating teams on knowledge management
- Proven ability to multitask across various planning and implementation processes within a highly demanding environment
- Excellent writing, verbal and interpersonal communication skills in English
- Ability and willingness to travel in the country
How to Apply:
All qualified and interested applicants should submit copies of a cover letter, CV and academic documents to: Uganda.CountryOffice@jhpiego.org with the subject line of the position that you are applying for in the email subject line, indicating why they are most suitable for this placement, attach academic documents in PDF as one document. Hand delivered applications will not be considered.
Deadline: 24th July 2022.
NB: Jhpiego is an equal opportunity employer promoting gender, equity and diversity. Persons with disabilities and other minority groups are encouraged to apply.