Job Title: Laboratory Chemist
Organisation: Agri Exim
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Microbiologist/Laboratory Head
Agri Exim is the producer of certified-organic, all natural, non-GMO organic products. We work with over 17,000 farmers across four countries to deliver the highest quality food, fibers and other organic products.
Job Summary: The Laboratory Chemist will setup apparatus and carry out qualitative and quantitative physio-chemical analysis on both raw materials and finished good food samples while ensuring compliance with the established Safety and Quality Standards.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- To prepare and standardise laboratory reagents for sample analysis
- To conduct sample analysis for qualitative and quantitative physio-chemical parameters as per the established standard food test methods.
- Responsible for equipment calibration, daily verification and maintenance with traceability and compile equipment performance reports for submission to the Laboratory Head.
- Responsible for good housekeeping and total cleanliness of the laboratory apparatus and the equipment therein in accordance to written procedures and standards.
- Responsible for maintaining an up-to-date glassware and reagent inventory records.
- To ensure proper documentation and reporting of lab activities as per the established format and procedures.
- To participate in Proficiency Testing and other competence assessment activities of the laboratory.
- To actively participate in ISO 17025 Laboratory Quality Management System documentation for laboratory accreditation.
- To participate in BRC documentation and other Quality and safety audits of the company
- Implement Good Laboratory Practices (GLP) as per written Standard Operating Procedures of the Testing laboratory.
- To participate In-process control activities as may be required from time to time.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Science Laboratory Technology (Chemistry), Industrial Chemistry, Biochemistry, Food Science and Technology. Training in Laboratory Safety and ISO 17025 Laboratory Quality Management System is an added advantage.
- At least three years of work experience in Analytical Laboratory Operations with excellent knowledge of Food Analysis.
- Good communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- People management skills
- Good organisational skills
- Good Laboratory Practices (GLP)
- Able to work under pressure and in changing shifts including night.
How to Apply:
All candidates should send their applications to: [email protected]
Deadline: 8th August 2021