Job Title: Logistics and Administrative Assistant
Organisation: AMREF Health Africa
Duty Station: Uganda
AMREF Health Africa is an international African organization founded in Kenya in 1957. Our Headquarters are in Nairobi with major programmes in Ethiopia, Kenya, South Sudan, Tanzania and Uganda, and two regional nubs in Southern and Western Africa based in South Africa and Senegal Respectively. Working with and through African communities, health systems and governments, Amref Health Africa aims to close the gap that prevents people from accessing their basic right to health. Amref Health Africa is committed to improving the health of people in Africa by partnering with and empowering communities. Our Vision is Lasting Health Change in Africa.
Job Summary: The logistics and administrative assistant is responsible for the field level administrative and financial controls by ensuring that internal control systems are adhered to in managing resources at field level.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide monthly financial records for all field (district) level activities.
- Follow-up financial submissions with country office for payments of suppliers, participants and facilitators for implemented activities.
- Setting up procedures and ensuring that the accountability is as per the due process as per AMREF protocols including the preparing of vouchers, receipts and reviewing accountabilities by the Field Officers
- Ensuring local procurement of project/office logistics and consumables on a weekly and monthly basis.
- Management of office assets and supplies at the start of the project and constantly appraising the suppliers where necessary
- Organizing, preparing for meetings and ensuring the minutes of meetings are properly documented
- Fostering and nurturing workplace teamwork among the different project team members.
- Take part in project implementation and adherence to project protocol.
- Participate in any other extra assignment.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the AMREF Logistics and Administrative Assistant job placement should hold a university degree in a business-related field.
- Relevant work experience and an ability to relate effectively and understands the socio economic and Cultural situation of the project area.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, decision making and strategic planning skills.
- Ability and willingness to work under pressure
How to Apply:
All candidates are encouraged to send an updated CV including three professional referees and cover letter addressed to the Human Resources Manager, Amref Health Africa in Uganda via Email to: email@example.com. Emails should not exceed 2MB.
Deadline: 20th August 2018
NB: Preferred candidates should be residents of Arua District. We regret that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.