Job Title: M & E Assistant (Fresher Job Opportunities)
Organisation: International Rescue Committee
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) Officer
Founded in 1933, the International Rescue Committee is a world leader in relief, rehabilitation and post-conflict development services for those uprooted or affected by violent conflict and oppression. The IRC is currently working in over 40 countries around the world, addressing both the immediate and lifesaving needs of conflict affected people in emergencies and the reconstruction needs of post-conflict societies.
Job Summary:Working under the supervision and guidance of the Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) Officer, the M&E Assistant will be based in IRC Field Office in Imvepi. The M&E Assistant will work closely with all program staff in the field to implement the IRC M&E commitments, improve program quality through enhanced data management systems and processes supporting both PRoL and WPE. The position will support measurement in the Field Office. The Assistant will support the M&E officer in managing day to day M&E tasks arising in the Field Office and providing technical support to field teams to ensure effective implementation of the project.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in routine data collection and entry for various project interventions implemented in the field and ensure that complete, accurate, clean, and consistent data is shared with the M&E Officer for data analysis and action planning.
- Ensure proper filing and storage of M&E documents including questionnaires, monitoring reports, datasets, among others.
- Participate in regular data verification and audit exercises to assess the quality of data reported and address any anomalies identified.
- Submit to the M&E Officer weekly and monthly updates on M& E activities conducted in the field.
- With support from the M&E Officer, conduct capacity building and mentorship to field staff in M&E.
- Keep the M&E database up-to-date and support program staff prepare periodic high-quality reports.
- Assist program staff during survey planning and implementation especially preparing logistics needed, participating in data collection and cleaning.
- Develop project monitoring and evaluation tools with support from M&E Officer and Project Lead.
- Keenly track project progress through standardized data collection tools and methodologies
- Maintain confidentiality and observe data protection and other associated guidelines.
- Support M&E officer in the compilation of Monthly, Quarterly, Biannual, and annual reports through provision of timely accurate and updated data.
- Support project teams to prepare activity reports and documentation of best practices, lessons learnt, assessment reports.
- Support the implementation of IRC’s MEAL standards including the Monitoring for action (MFA) standards in field sites.
- Support program staff to engage in continuous data quality improvement and support project staff to frequently use data for program improvement.
- Participate in quality of intervention monitoring together with stake holders while ensuring availability of data for assessing program quality.
- Support the operation of feedback channels (logbook, client satisfaction and engagement surveys).
- Support the recording of feedback, analyses, and accessibility of feedback data for programmatic decision making.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal applicant for the International Rescue Committee M & E Assistant job should hold a bachelor`s degree in Statistics, demography, Economics, M&E, or related field.
- Post-graduate Diploma in M&E will be an added advantage.
- Previous work with an NGO in humanitarian environment.
- Remains productive when under pressure.
- Ability to enhance good interpersonal relationship.
- Excellent communication skills.
- A good command of both written and spoken English.
- Works collaboratively with team members to achieve results.
- Relates and works well with people of different cultures, gender, and backgrounds.
- Flexible approach to work.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Able to adapt to changing environments yet remain productive and focused.
- Strong and fast computer skills (primarily Word, Excel, and Power Point and outlook)
- Familiar with digital data collection and analysis packages (KOBO Toolbox, ODK Collect, MS Excel, SPSS, CommCare)
How to Apply:
All candidates should apply online at the link below.
Deadline: 2nd June 2021