Apply for Merit scholarships to study Undergraduate and Postgraduate courses
The Macquarie University International Merit Scholarship provides a partial tuition fee scholarship for outstanding students to study at Macquarie University North Ryde campus. It has been designed to recognise academic excellence and provide financial assistance for international students. The International Merit Scholarship is a country-specific and will be awarded progressively through the year to future applicants to Macquarie University. The International Merit Scholarship is highly competitive and awarded based on academic merit.
What does Macquarie University International Merit Scholarship cover?
Macquarie University International Merit Scholarship is a Partial Scholarship for Undergraduate and Postgraduate studies, it is equivalent to $4,000 and it will be awarded towards the commencement fee or reimbursed if fees already paid.
The Macquarie University International Merit Scholarships do NOT provide financial support in the form of a living allowance, nor does it provide for the cost of visa application, Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC), airfares, accommodation, conferences or other costs associated with study. This scholarship is not available to students studying at Macquarie City Campus or the Sydney Institute of Business & Technology (SIBT).
The Macquarie University International Merit Scholarship is a single scholarship and not available to be renewed.
Who can apply for the scholarship?
- Have citizenship of a country other than Australia or New Zealand.
- Have met the University’s academic and English requirements for the course to be considered for a scholarship (must hold a full offer of admission for North Ryde by the application deadline).
- Have achieved a minimum GPA of 3.0 out of 4.0 for Postgraduate applications and minimum requirement of an ATAR equivalent of 90 out of 100 for Undergraduate applications.
- Enrolled in a program that is longer than one Session in duration.
- Commence study in session and year indicated in the scholarship offer letter.
- Enrolled in a full-time study load.
- Commence study in the semester and year indicated in their offer of Scholarship. Commencement may not be deferred.
You are not eligible if:
- You are a citizen of Australia or New Zealand, or hold permanent residency of Australia.
- You are currently enrolled at Macquarie University for a program which is equivalent in level.
- You have completed the same level or a higher level of study previously.
- You are in receipt of another equivalent or major award or scholarship from Macquarie University.
- You are a Study Abroad or an Exchange student coming to Macquarie University.
- You are enrolled at Macquarie City Campus or SIBT.
How to apply for the scholarship:
Applicants must complete an online course application form. Online course application will enable you to select your course and upload scanned copies of the required documents.
- Applicants must complete an online scholarship application form.
- Applicants must indicate on the scholarship application form which scholarship they are applying for:
- International Merit Scholarship
Please note that applicants can only receive one scholarship.
Applicants applying for the International Merit scholarship will not be required to submit Referee’s Report or a Statement of Purpose. Once you have completed the online scholarship application form, a confirmation email will be sent to you at your nominated email address. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
What are the key dates?
|Session||Course Application Deadline||International Merit Application Deadline||Outcome Advised|
|Session 1 2014||1 October 2013||31 January 2014||Two weeks after the end of every month|
|Session 2 2014||1 April 2013||30 June 2014|