Job Title: Maintenance Manager
Organisation: Picfare Industries
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Picfare Industries Ltd is proud to be East Africa’s largest printed paper products solutions provider which was started in 1981. Our expansion began in 1992 with production of exercise books and catering to the import substitution in local markets. With east Africa development and the importance of education, as well as acquiring Nytil, we moved to Njeru, Jinja to expand our capacity and consolidate synergy. To serve our growing clientele needs, we have acquired a state-of-the-art Flexo printing press which has expanded our printing capabilities to label printing.
Job Summary: We are looking for a reliable Maintenance Manager to oversee all installation, repair and maintenance of the operations for a major printing and stationery manufacturing Facility. The candidate should be able to independently undertake and plan maintenance as a means of reducing down time so as to optimise production and productivity.
The desired candidate should have a Mechanical Engineering background with proven track record of undertaking related roles in a Printing Facility. Special credit shall go to candidates that have worked in Printing Facilities that have Stationery Making Sections.
The goal is to ensure that the company production and engineering facilities are well-managed and maintained to support seamless company business operations.
The ideal candidate will be constantly assessing the systems in place to ensure that they are both safe and operating efficiently. This candidate will be comfortable managing a team and conducting analysis in order to highlight areas for improvement. This candidate should also be comfortable ensuring necessary utilities are working correctly and possess strong organizational skills in order to keep track of multiple projects at once.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop maintenance procedures and ensure implementation of such procedures and processes
- Carry out inspections of the facilities to identify and resolve technical issues inhibiting optimal plant operations
- Undertake routine machinery health checks with the view to appropriately scheduling maintenance to ensure optimal functionality
- Plan and oversee all repair and installation activities
- Allocate workload and supervise maintenance team in line with the maintenance schedule in place from time to time
- Keep maintenance logs and reports on daily activities
- Ensure health and safety policies are complied with
- Undertake any assignments as delegated from time to time.
- Check quality standards and functionality of services and machines regularly
- Escalate any problems early and schedule repairs in order to minimize loss to business
- Conduct regular assessments and trainings to ensure safety of employees
- Analyze processes to ensure efficient functioning and perform analysis to make adjustments
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Valid Certified Maintenance Manager (CMM) certification will be a plus
- SAP ERP knowledge will be an added advantage.
- Proven experience as maintenance manager
- Five years of supervisory experience with heavy machinery, production lines or related fields
- Trained Mechanical Engineer from a recognised institution at Higher Diploma /Degree Level
- Experience in planning maintenance operations and processes
- Solid understanding of the printing industry and related machinery. Special credit to go to candidates that have worked in such related operations
- Strong critical thinking and organizational skills
- Ability to identify and solve inefficiencies in processes
- Ability to keep track of and report on activities
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Outstanding organizational and leadership abilities
How to Apply:
All candidates can apply by sending their Updated CVs to [email protected] stating the Applied Job in the email subject Line.