The Academic Registrar, Makerere University invites applications for admission to a three-year Bachelor of Education External (BED) degree programme for the 2020/21 Academic Year.
- Each applicant should hold at least a credit or second class diploma in education from a recognised institution, plus UCE with at least 5 passes or its equivalent and UACE with at least one principal pass and two subsidiary passes of the relevant principal subjects or its equivalent. Candidates whose “O” and “A” level results are of grades “Y”, “Z”, “7” AND “9” should not apply because they are not eligible for admission, and candidates who hold 3RD CLASS OR PASS DIPLOMAS need not apply.
- A certified copy of diploma academic transcript from the awarding institution must be attached to the application form. Each applicant should also attach a copy of her/his birth certificate to the application form.
NB: Candidates will be responsible for verification of their academic documents from the awarding institutions after admission.
- Candidates are warned against submitting forged academic documents as this will lead to automatic cancellation of admission, revocation of award where applicable and prosecution in the courts of law.
The fees payable by Ugandan applicants which are subject to review are as follows:
Tuition Fees – Shs.608,350/= Per Semester
Registration Fee – Shs.132,250/= Per Year
Examination Fee – Shs.132,250/= Per Year
Development Fee – Shs.163,329/= Per Year
Field Attachment Fee – Shs.132,250/= Per Semester For Year One Only
Technology Fee – Shs. 66,125/= Per Year
Research Fee – Shs. 26,450/= Per Year
Library Fees – Shs. 26,450/= Per Year
University Identity Card – Shs.45,000/=
Academic Gown – Shs.21,160/=
Medical Fee – Shs.57,500/= Per Year
Caution – Shs.2,645/=
Guild Fee – Shs.13,225/= Per Year
Senior Common Room Fee – Shs.6,613/= Per Year
Sports Contribution – Shs.19,838/= Per Year
Endowment Fee – Shs.13,225/= Per Year
National Council For Higher Education Fee – Shs. 20,000/= Per Year (Payable to NCHE)
UNSA Subscription Fee – Shs. 2,000/= Per Year (Payable to UNSA)
A non-refundable application fee of Shs.50,000/= plus the bank charges using a Zee Pay Reference Number should be paid to any Stanbic Bank, OR DFCU BANK, UBA BANK, POST BANK and CENTENARY BANK before submitting a System Genereated Application Form to the ADMISSION OFFICE (ROOM NO. 315), LEVEL 3, Academic Registrar’s Department in the Senate Building, Makerere University, from where additional information may be obtained.
The closing date for submission of applications is Friday 29th May, 2020.
1. HOW TO APPLY
Application will be online using the new AIMS System after getting a pay reference number but you will have to submit certified copies of your Diploma transcripts and certificates and a passport size photograph to Office 315, Level 3 Senate Building after payment of application fees.
2. MAKERERE UNIVERSITY ONLINE APPLICATION PORTAL USER GUIDE
1. Applicants should access the Institution’s Admissions URL https://admissions.mak.ac.ug
2. Signup using full name, e-mail and Mobile No. Please note that your name must be similar to the one on your supporting academic documents for your application to be considered valid. If you changed your names please go to Senate Building Office 301 with an affidavit supporting the name change.
3. A password will be sent to both your e-mail and mobile number.
4. The system will prompt you to change the password to the one you can easily remember.
5. To fill a form the applicant clicks on the APPLY NOW button displayed on the running scheme.
6. Obtain a payment advice slip by clicking on “Pay for Form” button
7. Make a payment at any of the following Banks:
(b) Post Bank
(c) Centenary Bank
(d) DFCU Bank
(e) UBA Bank
8. Print the filled form and attache certified copies of your academic documents
2. PROCEDURE FOR OBTAINING A PAYMENT REFERENCE NUMBER FOR PAYMENT OF APPLICATION FEES
1. Go to the payment reference site: https://payments.mak.ac.ug
2. Fill in your name;
3. Fill in your email;
4. Fill in your telephone number – Go to the next item
5. Click on the option number;
6. Application fee 50,000/= (Undergraduate) continue and get the pay reference number
7. Go to the Bank and pay
8. Go to Room 315, Senate Building and submit certified copies of your academic documents.
(i) Applicants are strongly warned against presenting forged or other people’s academic documents to support their applications for admission. The consequences, if discovered, are very grave indeed.
(ii) Do not buy any other documents not originating from the Academic Registrar’s Office. Those who buy them do so at their own risk.
(iii) The Academic Registrar has not appointed any agents to act on his behalf to solicit for additional funds other than the application fee stated above.