Job Title: Manager Regional Business Sales
Organisation: MTN Uganda
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Regional Commercial Head
About US: MTN-Uganda is the leading telecommunications Company in Uganda, providing payphone, fixed lines, fax/data, internet and mobile services.
Job Summary: The Manager Regional Business Sales – MTN Uganda will execute strategy, policies and procedures for the management of Regional distribution operations in MTN-U and manage staff, dealers and franchisees to achieve set targets. She/he is responsible for meeting Prepaid Airtime and Gross Connection Sales targets for the company. To assist the Regional Commercial Head in the development of Regional Distribution strategy
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Achieve National sales targets (Prepaid Revenue, Quality Prepaid Gross Connections, electronic Airtime Sales %, Retail Universe outlets, Devices and Digital revenues).
- Achieve savings on allocated Subscriber Acquisition Costs and promotion activities for the channel partner.
- Achieve sales expansion and retail penetration targets by identifying, appointing and monitoring distribution partners (distributors, recharge outlets, activation outlets, prepaid touch points) in new and existing areas.
- Prepare Channel & Distribution strategy – develop and grow MTN’s retail universe through franchisee and routes to market
- Ensure MTN’s trade channel remains a competitive advantage in terms of depth, breadth, customer experience and branding
- Oversee stock planning, forecasting and analysis for distribution and regional warehouses
- Coordinate overall supply chain in the regions for all distribution channel partners
- Manage the implementation and execution of Merchandising and brand visibility nationally
- Business Intelligence use and application for distribution optimization
- Deploy Regional staff to achieve departmental and Organizational objectives.
- Execute and monitor MTN Brand initiatives through Retail outlets and to ensure that high standards are maintained.
- Review procedures, policies and work flows of Channels and distribution department
- Integration of stakeholders and management of regional cross functional teams in the regions
- Establish new distribution channels e.g. EVD, Dealer Me2U, Mobile Money etc
- Management of Cost of Sale line item in the business plan (Dealer discounts)
- Deliver sales target for all products by executing the distribution strategy at the channel-partner level
- Plan promotional activities for channel partners – Track channel specific schemes and launches
- Provide inputs and coordinate with network team to drive better utilization of technology roll out and expansion in the regions
- Keep employee-retention and motivation levels high through regular reviews of performance of Regional managers, retailers, sales representatives
- Ensure best practices training and sound coaching to Regional Managers, Area Sales Representatives, and distribution partners to enhance overall effectiveness
- Achievement of expansion targets through greater penetration and geographical expansion
- Develop the MTN Retail experience in MTN channel outlets
- Manage the MTN Customer Experience blueprints throughout the trade and retail environments
- Develop commission structures for dealers, agents and staff.
- Ensure stock levels and availability are maintained above set criteria
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the MTN Uganda Manager Regional Business Sales must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or Business Administration
- At least 4-5 years’ experience in Retail/Channel Development, Business analysis, and product evaluation
- At least 3 years in relevant sector/ industry
- Prior experience in marketing analytics for telecommunications or FMCG is desirable
Competencies:Trainings & Knowledge
- Retail Training/Channel/Distribution Management
- Management Executive Development Program Training.
- Warehouse Management
- Brand Management / Brand Marketing training
- Trade marketing
- Knowledge of Financial procedures, procurement procedures etc
- Retail / Dealer environment setting.
- Dealer structure methodologies
- Channel Development strategies
- Computer Skills- MS Office
- Financial and Accounting systems.
- Organisational skills.
- Team Player.
- Results- Oriented.
How to Apply: All candidates should apply online at the link below. Click Here