Makerere University in partnership with MasterCard Foundation has offered scholarships to undergraduates who are academically talented but financially disadvantaged from the sub-Saharan region in Africa.
Successful students are given comprehensive financial academic as well as social and leadership development support for the entire period of their study at Makerere University.
According to Eric Tumwesigye a patron from the Gender Main Streaming Directorate Makerere, the University is pleased to announce 455 under graduate scholarship opportunities that is to 388 young women and 67 young men for students joining the University for academic year 2019/2020.
However, the applicants should be eligible to the following;
- Must be admitted at Makerere University main campus in the academic year 2019/2020. This means that in order to fit within the Makerere University admission guidelines, all scholarship applicants should endeavor to apply for admission when Makerere Announces for Private admissions
- Must be from a financially disadvantaged background and a citizen of Uganda.
- Should exhibit academic excellence in either sciences of Arts with minimum 11 points for girls and 15 points for young men obtained in U. A. C. E or its equivalent from 2016,2017 and 2018.
- Must demonstrate leadership potential and commitment to social betterment.
- Must have a record of community service
- Should not held any other scholarship
- Should not have completed any diploma or undergraduate studies
- Should be a registered student of Makerere University.
By Sarah Namutebi