Vacancy title: Mechanical Technician
Type: FULL TIME.
Category: Installation, Maintenance & Repair
Jobs at: Roofing Limited
Deadline of this Job: 26th October 2019
Duty Station: Within Uganda , Kampala , East Africa
Job Title: Mechanical Technician
Reports to: Maintenance Engineer.
1. Inspect mechanical systems, equipment, and components to identify hazards, defects, and the need for adjustment or repair, and to ensure compliance with codes.
2. Daily check of generators, compressors, water pumps and water lines.
3. Inspection and Implementation of the preventive maintenance schedule for all factory electrical equipment.
4. Effectively and timely execute break down maintenance as per daily work plan.
5. Ensure his/her safety and all other employees as per ISO and IEE standards.
6. Update of all maintenance records i.e preventive, break down, corrective, work orders, water and calibration
7. Undertake in any other relevant maintenance activity as instructed by the maintenance engineer.
Section Heads, Team leaders, Machine Operators, Storekeeper, Production Engineers, Maintenance Manager
• Higher Diploma in Mechanical Engineering.
• Computer literacy.
• Experience with pneumatic and hydraulic equipment.
• Good verbal communication skills
• Good eyesight, hand/eye coordination and manual dexterity
• Good analytical and problem solving skills
• Good physical health, strength and stamina
• Knowledge of safe operating procedures.
• Ability to understand and apply industry standards for installation, repairs and safety.
• Ability to operate power tools and equipment.
• Ability to operate computer-based equipment.
• Use of safety wear, insulated tools, safety gloves.
• Knowledge and consciousness about the danger of electrical power.
Job Education Requirements: Higher Diploma
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Job application procedure
Please put the job title in the subject body of the email Email: email@example.com