Job Title: Medical Supply Chain Officer
Organisation: Rakai Health Sciences Program (RHSP)
Duty Station: Uganda
Rakai Health Sciences Program (RHSP) is a collaborative bio – medical research and service delivery organization. RHSP strives to improve the quality of life of the local population through a combination of community-based research, curative services, and prevention strategies in the districts of South-central Uganda.
Job Summary: The Supply Chain Officer will support and monitor health facility medical logistics management in the supported districts according to MOH standards. He/she will ensure close monitoring of medicines and health supplies. He/she will further ensure adequate supply of quality medicines, responding to dynamic changes in demand, managing increased volumes of commodities and minimizing pilferage and misuse
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Support health facilities to develop pharmacy systems and annual procurement plans.
· Provide technical assistance, mentorships and CMEs in medicines and health supplies management and disseminate information updates regarding logistics management.
· Support health facilities in ordering and reporting for medicines and health supplies as per the warehouse schedule.
· Support health facilities and medicine management supervisors to implement RX solution, RASS and SPARS and submit timely required reports.
· Strengthen pharmacovigilance and adherence issues in the supported health facilities.
· Develop and follow up on activity plans developed with the focal logistics personnel in the district health facilities.
· Support health workers in their dispensing, stock management, and storage management practices.
· Participate in verification of medicines and health supplies on delivery to the health facilities and submit order fulfillment reports.
· Participate in the redistribution of medicines and health supplies in the supported districts.
· Participate in budgeting for supply chain activities, requisitioning and appropriately account for the disbursed funds.
· Any other assigned duties in line with your roles.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal applicant should have minimum qualification of a Diploma in Pharmacy or Nursing.
· The candidate must have at least one year experience in pharmacy practice in HIV care and treatment.
· At least one year experience in health commodities inventory management.
· Active Registration with the Allied Medical Practitioners Council.
· Experience in working in a district led program is an added advantage.
· Computer Knowledge and skills.
· Experience in using WAOS, TWOS & RX solution.
· Good presentation and report writing skills.
· Communication skills and ability to speak the local languages.
· Ability to work under minimal supervision.
· Ability to ride motorcycle and possession of valid riding permit is required.
How to Apply:
All interested Candidates possessing the above attributes can send their applications including a cover letter, latest Copy of CV (with 3 referees), copies of academic qualifications/certificates (in one document (Word/PDF)) addressed to the HR Manager to [email protected] Kindly indicate the job title in the subject line of the email. Only online applications will be considered.
Deadline: 3rd February 2020 by 5:00pm
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted by Rakai Health Sciences Program. Any form of lobbying and canvassing will lead to disqualification.