Job Title: Merchandiser (Several Fresher Jobs)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
TotalEnergies is a broad energy company that produces and markets energies on a global scale: oil and biofuels, natural gas and green gases, renewables and electricity. Our 105,000 employees are committed to energy that is ever more affordable, cleaner, more reliable and accessible to as many people as possible. Active in more than 130 countries, TotalEnergies puts sustainable development in all its dimensions at the heart of its projects and operations to contribute to the well-being of people.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Achievement of BU Targets for shop i.e. Turnover, profitability, fees (fixed & variable) for the assigned shops
- Responsible for managing the product display appropriately as per the plannogram and ensure that the store adheres to the merchandising standards stipulated by TotalEnergies group.
- Supervise product display and shelving systems as per the plannogram and work with the Shop Category Officer to recommend shop layout changes.
- Responsible for implementing the defined product range, width & depth for each category in all shop concepts. The shop should be properly stocked. Is responsible for ensuring that there is proper pricing of all products. The recommended prices from suppliers should be respected.
- Responsible for optimizing, with the shop dealer, management of the stocks (avoiding excess inventory and shortages) and space utilization. Validate the product stocking, merchandising and display systems
- Responsible for ensuring proper documentation is done in the shops i.e. Check the shop DSSR, supplier file, shrinkage book, shop checklist and shop financial statements.
- Responsible for enforcing the agreed operating terms as per the Bonjour marketing License agreement and supply terms between the dealers and the company.
- Responsible for liaising with the Shop Category Officer to ensure that monthly promotions are carried out and follow up to ensure that they are carried out well.
- Responsible for implementation of the SFS commercial programming: communication tools at the sales outlet, highlighting products, promotions, etc
- Responsible for analyzing the competition and the stations’ trading areas so as to be able to locally optimize the SFS offerings (range, pricing policies, etc.)
- Responsible for ensuring that all shop staff are trained on merchandising and actively practice active selling.
- Forwards information concerning any anomalies to and proposes / implements remedial actions.
- Perform store inspections for any repairs, replacements, new installations and keep up to date inventory of the shop.
- Responsible for helping the shop dealer comply with the HSEQ and Hygiene and Food safety rules and regulations (respect for the cold chain, Expires etc.).
- Ensuring that all Top services requirements and the 10 shop essentials are in place and well managed for example shop staff are presentable – proper TotalEnergies uniform, Name tag, well-groomed hair, Black closed shoes
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor of Commerce/ Bachelor of Business Administration or a Business-related degree from a reputable university
- At least two years working experience is similar role
- Experience in Sales, Retailing and Retail operations is an added advantage
- Other requirements: organization and analytical skills, attention to detail, good communicator, and ability to negotiate and close sales
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested applicants should apply online at the link below.