Vacancy title: Microbiologist
Type: FULL TIME.
Category: Health Professionals
Jobs at: Crown Beverages Limited
Deadline of this Job: 19th September 2019
Duty Station: Within Uganda , Kampala , East Africa
We are looking for result oriented and energetic professionals who can work under
minimum supervision to fill the following vacancy;
Microbiologist; Reporting to the Quality Assurance Shift Supervisor, the Microbiologist will be responsible for;
Process monitoring and control:
• Carrying out timely laboratory microbiological tests on all process equipment, inputs and the product using approved procedures.
• Interpreting test results, compare them to established specifications and control limits and make recommendations on appropriateness of data for release.
• Participating in root cause analysis to resolve microbiological issues.
• Carrying out periodic monitoring and regular stock control of microbiology laboratory consumables stock levels and avoid instances of stock out.
Lab equipment handling and care:
• Calibrating laboratory equipment at required frequencies to ensure accurate measurements.
• Keeping all laboratory equipment clean and in good working conditions.
• Reporting of faulty equipment and ensuring timely follow up of the repairs.
• Carrying out monthly internal audits as may be assigned and submit reports in time.
• Participating in the closure of audit non-conformance.
• Recording data accurately in accordance with the guidelines.
• Preparing weekly, monthly and annual section reports.
Skills and knowledge required:
• Accuracy and data precision
• Numerical skills
• Analytical and numerical skills
• Audit skills
Qualifications and experience:
• Degree in Food Science and Technology, Applied Biology, Microbial Science, Microbiology, Biology or its equivalent
• Certificate in Bottlers Quality Training (BQT)/ Food safety Management systems (FSM)/ Quality Management Systems (QMS) is an added advantage
Job Education Requirements: Bachelor’s degree
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Job application procedure
If you meet the above requirements and are interested in taking up any of the opportunities, send your application, accompanied by a detailed C.V and copies of your academic certificates to the Human Resource Manager, Crown Beverages Limited, P.O. Box 20021, Kampala – not later than 20th September 2019.