Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
Organisation: Finnish Refugee Council (FRC)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Finnish Refugee Council (FRC) is an NGO providing adult education and community development among refugees in Uganda since 1997 as an operational partner to OPM and UNHCR.
Job Summary: The Monitoring and Evaluation Officer coordinates and plans all data collection, develops tools for indicator performance tracking, creates databases, builds capacity of staff to use M & E tools and conducts data analysis and quality assurance.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design and develop data collection tools and databases for the project.
- Review and revise the planned project indicators, collection tools, baselines and other studies.
- Develop annual M & E Plan, implement the roll out in the project and keep track of performance and progress.
- Create data management system for collection, storage, filing, access, back-ups.
- Manage, process and analyse data, and present it in visual form for use of information sharing, awareness raising, feedback and reporting.
- Build capacity of staff and partners on their roles and technical skill in regard of data collection, monitoring and evaluation.
- Put in place and maintain proper filing system for easy retrieval of records following the FRC Data Management protocols and routinely back up data.
- Conduct field spot checks and visits to validate and verify accuracy of activities and data collected.
- Support the Project Manager to ensure that donor, partner and management data queries and needs are addressed.
- Support project staff and Manager in reviewing reports and ensure timely submission of high-quality reports.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal applicant must hold a Bachelor or preferably Masters’ degree in Monitoring and Evaluation / Statistics / Project Management with strong hands-on-experience on M & E.
- At least four years of relevant experience in a similar position.
- Competency in Microsoft Office package, Kobo Collect, Power Bi and Word.
- Knowledge of Swahili, Arabic, Dinka, Nuer and / or Madia language is desirable.
- Experience and willingness in working in field situations in rural areas independently.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested applicants should Email Application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Application and CVs Should be one PDF document and a maximum of 5 pages
Include in your application letter:
- Gross salary request,
- Contact details (email and telephone) of 3 professional reference persons.
- Please quote the Position in the subject line.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Do not email copies of certificates.
Deadline: 29th August 2022