Job Title: Monitoring Evaluation Accountability and Learning Officer (2 Job Vacancies)
Organisation: Humanity & Inclusion (Handicap International Federation)
Project Name: Bahia Project
Duty Station: Arua, Uganda
Basic Salary: UGX 2,208,949 /=
Reports to: MEAL Manager
Handicap International Federation (operating under the name Humanity & Inclusion) is an independent and impartial aid and development organisation working in situations of poverty and exclusion, conflict and disaster. We work alongside disabled and vulnerable people to help meet their essential needs, improve their living conditions and promote respect for their dignity and fundamental rights.
About Bahia Project:
Bahia Project is an 11 months project implemented by HI in coordination with Plan International in Madi Okollo District (Imvepi and Rhino settlements). Its objective is to Promote public health and support the protection of vulnerable populations from contamination to Covid-19 as well as increased protection risks while restoring their dignity and capacity to meet their basic needs through:
- Containing the spread of the COVID-19 pandemic through strengthened prevention and response capacities of communities, local and international actors.
- Preserving the ability of the most vulnerable and affected people to meet the additional food consumption and other basic needs caused by the pandemic, through their productive activities and access to social safety nets and humanitarian assistance.
- Vulnerable affected communities having equal access to essential services and the most vulnerable people putting in place mechanisms for protection and resilience in the face of distress and/or risk of violence and abuse.
Technical sectors of intervention cover: Public Health, MHPSS, WASH, Cash-based intervention and Community-based response.
Key Duties and Responsibilities: Under the responsibility of the Country MEAL Manager and direct coordination with the Project Manager and Technical Unit ,the MEAL Officers will;
Spearhead the development and implementation of the project’s MEAL Framework
· Contribute to the development of MEAL systems and processes, by implementing the MEAL framework and procedures working closely with the BAHIA Project Manager.
· Support project team develop project management tools (PM Box, mapping of actors and required databases) in close collaboration with the Project Manager.
· Actively contribute to the design and execution of situational analyses, baseline surveys, follow up assessments and special research related to the project.
· Ensure M&E tools, especially data collection tools, and processes are understood and used accordingly by project staff.
· Ensure team adherence to the project specified monitoring and reporting requirements.
· Analyse data for accuracy; flag validation and quality issues, and contribute to system fix
· Participate in the development and implementation of HI’s accountability processes
· Contribute to planning and execution of knowledge management processes as required.
Support the development and implementation of the project’s CVA activities related MEAL Framework
· Monitor whether cash or vouchers are received by the right person, safely, on time and in the right amount
· Monitor beneficiary’s satisfaction regarding the payment agent, distribution process and their safety throughout the process
· Monitor spending pattern within beneficiary households, through analysis of expenditure prioritization
· Monitor Community satisfaction regarding targeting systems
· Establish dashboards and guidelines aligned to SMART indicators to assess performance and inform programmatic decisions;
· Conduct Post-Distribution Monitoring.
Ensure strict project monitoring in relation to expected targets and objectives
· Contribute to monitoring the relevancy of the interventions in relation to HI’s mandate in the BAHIA consortium, and approaches used and the context of intervention.
· Keep track of the project monitoring and evaluation schedules and strict adherence to specified procedures.
· Maintain use of existing indicator tracking tools: develop databases and tracking templates as needed to demonstrate the effectiveness of project interventions.
· Undertake regular visits to field locations together with Inclusion Officers to support execution of required monitoring and evaluation processes.
· Establish a good communication and collaboration with project staff towards a sound project monitoring of intervention outputs.
Actively contribute to MEAL Data Management
· Collect good quality monitoring data in a timely manner and organize data collected for reporting to Project Manager.
· Compile and provide analytical outputs to compile program technical reports. Create and integrate graphics in reports and information products to help visualize data in a meaningful way.
· Participate actively in the improvement of the Information Management System according to project and management needs.
· Support integration of Washington group questions into partners’ information management tools.
· Conduct regular field process monitoring, quality assessments and data validation. Provide feedbacks and recommendations for timely improvements.
· Ensure confidentiality and security of data management according to HI standards.
· Actively participate in planning and facilitating knowledge sharing and learning activities including project reviews and learning events.
Respect of HI identity, rules and policies In coordination with the Human resources manager and the Operations Manager
· Know, understand, apply and respect HI code of conduct and ethics, HI mandate and values, HI rules and operating procedure, HI policies (child protection policy, policy and mechanism for the prevention of and fight against bribery, the protection of beneficiaries from sexual exploitation and abuse policy) and make sure they are known, understood, applied and respected by its team
· Know, understand, apply and respect HI security rules and make sure they are known, understood and applied by her/his team
· Regular refresher trainings are organized
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidate for the Humanity & Inclusion Monitoring Evaluation Accountability and Learning Officer job placement must hold a Post Graduate qualification in Monitoring and Evaluation;
· Bachelor’s Degree in statistics, Information Management, Social Sciences, Demography, Population Studies, Development Studies and other related fields.
· At least three years of professional experience in an NGO
· At least two years of professional experience in MEAL
· At least two years of professional experience in Humanitarian Response related fields
· At least two years of experience in the field of livelihood/cash-based intervention
· Experience in managing Information systems and Databases
· Planning, monitoring and evaluation tools and systems;
· Mobile Data Systems management
· Capacity building, training and coaching skills
· Perfect fluency in English: written and spoken and strong writing skills;
· Advanced user of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and internet
· Familiarity identifying and compiling project’s learnings: lessons learned success stories and case studies
· MEAL Tools development
· Develop Mobile based information systems
· Survey CTO / Kobo
· Data Protection
· Result and solution oriented
· Ability to work under high pressure;
· Strong interpersonal and intercultural skills
· Good communication and networking skills
· Strong interest in the fields related to HI mandate
Starting Date: As soon as possible
Length of contract: 11 months
Basic Salary: UGX 2,208,949 /=
· Humanity and Inclusion is an Equal Opportunity Employer, we encourage females and persons with disabilities to apply to become a part of our organization.
· HI staff must adhere to the values and principles outlined in the Code of Conduct.
· HI operates and enforces policies on beneficiary protection from Sexual Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti-fraud, bribery, and corruption.
· HI does not solicit funds in exchange for employment opportunities.
How to Apply:
If you feel you meet the requirements, please send an updated CV (3 pages max, including three professional referees current and/or past line managers) with a cover letter as One Document (DO NOT ATTACH CERTIFICATES) to HR department at [email protected] indicating the position
Deadline: Friday 13th March 2021 by 5:00pm
NB: Any efforts to influence the recruitment process will lead to automatic disqualification. Due to the urgency of this recruitment, HI reserves the right to fill the position before the closing date