Army of the dead
- Dave Bautista as Scott Ward, a mercenary and founder of the mercenary group – Las Vengeance
- Ella Purnell as Kate Ward, Scott’s estranged daughter who works with the World Health Organization
- Omari Hardwick as Vanderohe, a soldier and philosopher
- Ana de la Reguera as Maria Cruz, Scott’s friend, and companion who is a mechanic
- Theo Rossi as Burt Cummings, the former security guard taking advantage of the power he has obtained over the refugees
- Matthias Schweighöfer as Ludwig Dieter, the German safecracker
- Nora Arnezeder as Lily, the Frenchwoman known as the Coyote
- Hiroyuki Sanada as Bly Tanaka, a billionaire that orchestrates the heist and rounds up the team
- Garret Dillahunt as Martin, the right-hand man to Tanaka. The former head of security at his Las Vegas casino
- Tig Notaro as Marianne Peters, a helicopter pilot primarily tasked with transporting the team. Notaro replaces Chris D’Elia due to claims of sexual harassment towards women, Snyder filmed with Notaro alone and used CGI to remove D’Elia
- Raúl Castillo as Mikey Guzman, a sharp-shooter influencer
- Huma Qureshi as Geeta, a disenfranchised refugee and single mother of two children, Angela (Sheila Awasthi) and Adjit (Sebastian Balchand), who is a friend of Kate
- Samantha Win as Chambers, Guzman’s friend, and companion
- Richard Cetrone as Zeus, the Alpha Zombie king
- Athena Perample as The Bride, queen of the Alpha Zombies
- Michael Cassidy as Sergeant Kelly, U.S. convoy soldier
The film follows a group of soldiers who plan a Las Vegas casino heist amidst a zombie apocalypse.
The film was announced in 2007, but spent several years in development hell at Warner Bros. before having the rights bought by Netflix in 2019. Snyder was announced as director, and the cast joined over the next several months.
Filming began in July 2019, taking place in Los Angeles, New Mexico, and New Jersey, including at the Atlantic Club Casino Hotel. Chris D’Elia was originally cast in the film, but after several sexual misconduct accusations were made against him in August 2020, Tig Notaro was hired to replace his character and reshot his scenes using green screen and body doubles.
Army of the Dead was released in select theaters in the United States on May 14, 2021, and started streaming digitally on Netflix from May 21. The film received praise from critics for “the action, humor, and diversity of the cast” but the runtime and “attempts at more emotional content” were criticized