Job Title: Multi Core Competency Coordinator
Organisation: Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Area Manager
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is an independent humanitarian organisation helping people forced to flee. We work in crises across 31 countries, providing emergencies and long-term assistance to millions of people every year. We stand up for people forced to flee, advocating their rights. NORCAP, our global provider of expertise, helps improve international and local ability to prevent, prepare for, respond to and recover from crises. NRC also runs the Internal Displacement Monitoring Centre in Geneva, a global leader in reporting on and advocating for people displaced within their own country.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Line management for the Area Office based Multi Core Competency team (WASH/Shelter Officer, Livelihoods Team Leader, Protection Officers and ICLA Team Leader)
- In close coordination with the Area Manager, develop a strong network of contacts in the area of responsibility including the target communities to ensure NRC is up-to-date all the time on the humanitarian situation, potential populations movements, key issues, risks and threats affecting the people we serve, so we can provide a timely and relevant response
- Foster an integrated program through joint planning of key interventions including assessments, proposals and response activities that provide a holistic response that brings together all CCs (LEI, WASH, ICLA, Education, and Protection) with the people we serve at the center
- Promote a system approach to our humanitarian response through a proactive identification of and engagement with key stakeholders to the humanitarian response in the area of responsibility
- Actively engage in all program development efforts alongside CC leads, prioritizing integrated programming in projects proposals as well as in the implemented response programs
- Provide technical leadership on integrated programming, coordination and technical quality implementation in Area office
- Develop tools and lead on assessments for program development as well as emergency response in area of responsibility
- Develop, test, and support the application of tools for multisector/integrated program quality monitoring in close coordination with the Monitoring and Evaluation teams
- Lead on innovation include the application of new delivery models that maximize scale and impact for NRC programs- Cash programming, community based protection, digital transformation, borderlands programming, localization, etc
- Develop, test, and apply strategies to reach “hard to reach” populations in the context of West Nile displacement context (Asylum seekers, urban refugees, etc)
- Develop, test, and apply strategies and creative/innovative ways to support durable solutions programming in the context of Kampala and South West
- Lead in the development of innovative funding applications/ proposals that are premised on the new NRC delivery models/approaches (Cash programming, community based protection, digital transformation, borderlands programming, localization, etc)
- Ensure a well-coordinated and integrated program through regular program review meetings bringing together all CCs to document progress, lessons learnt and draw recommendations for better and transformative programming.
- Coordinate with M&E and CC leads to ensure quality and well packaged reports are produced for the various donors documenting NRC learning especially on the new delivery models/approaches (Cash programming, community based protection, digital transformation, borderlands programming, localization, etc)
- Compliance and adherence to NRC policies, guidance and procedures
- Any other reasonable duties assigned by the supervisor- Area Manager
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal applicant must hold a University Degree (Bachelor’s) in a Project Planning and Management, Social Work and Social Administration, Adult and Community Education, Development Studies or a related field.
- Post graduate or Masters Qualification will be added Advantage.
- Demonstrated technical competency and record of achievement in at least one of the NRC’s Core Competency Areas- Education, WASH, Livelihoods, Protection, ICLA).
- At least six years’ experience from a senior program position in a humanitarian/ recovery context over seeing a varied number of projects with different donors.
- Demonstrated previous experience handling multiple projects covering a range of sectors.
- Demonstrated understanding and previous experience with the NRC’s new delivery model/innovative approaches (Cash programming, community based protection, digital transformation, borderlands programming, localization, etc)
- Demonstrated previous experience leading on multisector assessment that feed into quality program proposals.
- Demonstrated experience dealing with various donors on multiple programmatic aspects including reporting and donor compliance.
- Experience working in complex and volatile contexts with shifting priorities.
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- In-depth understanding of the Kampala and South West Refugee Context
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates should apply online at the link below
Deadline: 12th July 2022