Danish Refugee Council (DRC)
Reports to: Team
Leader-Shelter and Infrastructure
The Danish Refugee
Council (DRC) is a private, independent, humanitarian organization working on
all aspects of the refugee cause in more than 36 countries throughout the world.
The aim of DRC is to protect refugees and internally displaced persons (IDPs)
against persecution and to promote durable solutions to the problems of forced
migration, on the basis of humanitarian principles and human rights. DRC works
in accordance with the UN Conventions on Refugees and the Code of Conduct for
the ICRC and NGOs in Disaster Relief.
Job Summary: The Office Attendant will ensure that the office and other work areas
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Sweep the floors and stairs every morning
(taking care not to damage electrical equipment on the floor such as UPS,
electrical wire etc.).
- Wash the floors, stairs, and other areas
thoroughly at least twice a week.
- Dust the desks, walls and cupboards every day
(taking care not to damage office equipment on the dusted areas);
- Clean the office sinks, toilets, and wash
rooms once a day.
- Clear and dispose of the rubbish from the
office at least once a day.
- Keep the kitchen clean at all times,
including cleaning the inside of the fridge once per week.
- Maintain the garden areas around in the
- Inform the line manager of any repairs or
replacements required of maintenance equipment;
- Clean the guest house (vacuuming, washing
floors, sweeping, clean kitchen, bathroom, etc.) as requested. Complete all
cleaning according to attached cleaning check list.
- Monthly planning of procurement of all
cleaning items to be submitted to the line manager (e.g., cleaning fluid,
garbage bags, soap, toilet paper, etc.).
- Make tea or coffee for official
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal applicant should have relevant
experience in a similar position.
- Basic English proficiency
candidates who meet the required qualifications and experience please submit
updated CV and cover letter explaining their motivation and why they are suited
for the post.
We only accept
applications sent via our online-application form on www.drc.dk under