Job Title: Office Assistant
Organisation: World Vision
World Vision is a Christian Relief, Development and Advocacy Non-Government Organization dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. We currently work in over 41 districts in Uganda. World Vision is committed to the protection of children and we will not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible. “Our Vision for every child, Life in all its fullness. Our prayer for every Heart, the will to make it so.”
Job Summary: The Office Assistant will mainly clean World Vision’s premises, provide secretarial and office messenger support; distribute information and documents to different places and offices in line with the organisation strategy.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for cleaning the World Vision offices and compound allocated to in a timely manner
- Collect documents and photocopy and binding articles in line with the division strategy
- Serving breakfast and washing utensils in line with division strategy
- In charge of organizing and packing workshop materials in line with the division strategy.
- Collect utility items from the store whenever required
- Compile and submit monthly report on all activities undertaken
- Perform other duties as required.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the aforementioned World Vision Office Assistant vacancy should hold a Diploma in any field attained from a recognised Higher Institution of Learning. Holders of A Level Certificate with good grades and working experience in a busy organisation may be considered.
- Ability to speak fluent English.
- The applicant must be hardworking, courteous and friendly.
- Ability to work in a team, with minimum supervision and flexible.
- High level of integrity, confidentiality and honesty
- Must be able to stay calm in stressful moments
- Must belong to a local church
- Basic Computer Knowledge
- The applicant must be a committed Christian, able to stand above denominational diversities.
- Attend and participate/lead in daily devotions and weekly Chapel services.
How to Apply for the job:
All suitably qualified candidates are encouraged to apply online by visiting World Vision International’s e-recruitment jobs portal at the web link below.”
NB: Please follow instructions on How to Create Account and Profile at World Vision’s e-recruitment portal. Qualified female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.
Deadline: 5th December, 2014.