Job Title: Officer Learning and Development (9 No Experience Fresh Graduate Jobs)
Organisation: Uganda Revenue Authority (URA)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
About URA: The Uganda Revenue Authority (URA) was established by the Uganda Revenue Authority Statute of 1991 and set up in September of the same year as a central body for assessment and collection of specified revenue, to administer and enforce the laws relating to such revenue and to provide for related matters. This statute incorporated all the laws that were in force then regarding tax collection. The new organization (URA) amalgamated the three tax administration departments that were responsible for all the taxes collected by the Central Government of Uganda.
Job Summary: The Officer Learning and Development will implement and Execute Staff Learning and Development Initiatives/Programs required to enhance staff skills and competencies in line with the Learning and Development Policy and any other relevant frameworks.
Key Duties and Responsibilities: Support the training planning process
- Participate in the assessment of training needs using various methods such as competency assessments, document reviews, surveys, focus groups and consultations with line managers and training liaisons to inform the development of the training planner and personal development plans
- Participate in the conducting of needs assessments and strategic learning assessments to develop the basis for curriculum development or to update curricula.
- Prepare a consolidated report of all the needs assessment engagements for further analysis to inform the overall corporate training needs
Participate in the design and development of the approved training programs
- Coordinate the development of written materials, guides, job aids, manuals to be used for training/learning purpose and oversee the maintenance of learning materials (modules) and/or learning platform related to learning program management.
- Present and make recommendations on information with a variety of training techniques or formats, such as role playing, simulations, team exercises, group discussions, videos, or lectures to inform
- Develop training content for multi-dimensional training methodologies including eLearning
Coordinate Training program Implementation
- Schedule training programs, workshops, conferences and meetings as per the approved training planner.
- Ensure that all training materials and logistics are availed to learners before program commencement.
- Process payments relating to training program delivery and any other learning and development initiatives
- Prepare progress and end of training reports for training programs coordinated with recommendations for program delivery enhancement
Implement other Learning & Development initiatives to promote a learning culture
- Coordinate the administration of the learning management systems including preparing interactive digital content, uploading learning material onto the system and provide client support for the usage of the learning management system.
- Implement designed onboarding programs to ensure successful induction of new staff and provide evaluation reports for the successful implementation of the programs.
- Lead and coordinate recruitment, assessment and line management of interns (as and when required).
Assess the effectiveness of learning and development initiatives to improve staff skills
- Monitor, evaluate, and record training activities for program effectiveness.
- Evaluate training materials prepared by instructors, such as outlines, text, or handouts to ensure appropriateness.
- Prepare training evaluation reports to inform effectiveness and impact of training programs/workshops etc.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the Uganda Revenue Authority (URA) Officer Learning and Development job opportunity must hold an honors’ bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management, Industrial psychology, Education, or any other related degree.
- Knowledge of the Employment Act and any other labor laws applicable
- Comprehensive working knowledge and understanding of the different learning and development strategies, policies, procedures and practices
- Understanding of the principles for creating and maintaining digital learning platforms
- The incumbent should have an impeccable record of integrity
- The incumbent should have well conceptual, analytical and problem solving skills
- The incumbent should possess ability to engage, influence and negotiate with management, staff and other stakeholders
- The incumbent should be agile and result oriented
- The incumbent must have good communication and presentation skills
- The incumbent should have ability to deliver training programs and facilitate learning (through courses and through other interactions with staff and managers)
- The incumbent should have good interpersonal skills
- The incumbent should have self-drive and a passion for timely results proven ability to assess client groups’ information needs and be innovative in the design and delivery of appropriate targeted solutions within an Organisation
- The incumbent should have proven ability to write concise reports and deliver effective oral presentations
- The incumbent should have strong team work skills
- The incumbent should have strong customer care capability
- Experience in learning and development in a reputable Organisation
- Training in Instructional Design and Curriculum development
How to Apply: All suitably qualified and interested candidates who wish to join URA should apply online at the link below. Click HereDeadline: 15th May 2021