Job Title: Officer Systems Administration
Organisation: Uganda Communications Commission (UCC)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Senior Officer Systems Administration
The Uganda Communications Commission (UCC) was established to implement the provisions of The UCC Act 2013 Laws of Uganda with a principal goal of developing a modern communications sub-sector and Infrastructure in Uganda, in conformity with the operationalization of the Telecommunications Policy.
Job Summary: Install, configure, upgrade, maintain and administer computer systems and related peripherals to ensure optimal running of business applications, including user management and critical data backups.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Troubleshoot hardware and software errors by running diagnostics, documenting problems and resolutions, training, prioritizing problems, and assessing impact of issues
- Lead system and helpdesk support efforts, making sure all desktop applications, workstations, endpoint security and related equipment problems are resolved in a timely manner with limited disruptions.
- To install, configure and test computer systems and databases as per agreed configurations and ensure they optimized for performance, availability, and security.
- To monitor system performance, administer systems like E-mail, CEIR, etc. and ensure they are operating at optimal level including ensuring upgrades, patches and updates following standard change management procedures.
- To carry out user management procedures as per approved procedures and in line with IT policy compliance.
- To carry out periodic backups of applications and data, and ensure secure storage of backups, as per ICT Policy.
- To provide regular reports on the operational statistics of different systems and flag issues that require management’s attention
- Serve as an IT relationship manager for designated staff and services
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal applicant must hold a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related IT, IS, computer engineering or Computing fields
- IT Industry certifications, with specific bias to ITIL, Database Administration and Microsoft technical certifications.
- Three (3) years of experience in Systems Administration and Networking / IT in a similar corporate setting.
- Communication skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Initiative &Innovation
- Customer relationship management
- High level of integrity
- Planning, deployment and maintenance of MS Windows and Unix/Linux based systems – operation systems and Relational Database Management Systems.
- Administering Storage Area Networks and Virtualized Servers using VMWare.
- Administration knowledge of unified Communications solutions.
- Cloud computing
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should apply online at the link below
Deadline: 23rd May 2022