Job Title: Oil Tank Truck Driver (2 Job Vacancies)
Organisation: Sinopec (Uganda)
Duty Station: Project sites (Buliisa & Nwoya), Uganda
On-boarding Date: Oct 2022 (1); Nov 2022 (1)
Sinopec International Petroleum Service Corporation (Sinopec Service) is a fully owned subsidiary of Sinopec Group, which ranks No. 2 in Global Fortune 500 in 2020. Sinopec Service is engaged in the provision of all project phases service for various sectors, including oil & gas, power, buildings, roads and bridges etc. We are looking for Construction and Project support personnel.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- To transport and deliver oil to various location at project site as instructed by applying knowledge of commercial driving regulations.
- Perform pre-trip and post trip inspections and report mechanical defects.
- Maintain record of duty status according to regulations.
- Maintain a clean truck, including washing the truck.
- Report vehicle defects and traffic violation or damage to the vehicles.
- Carry out daily maintenance of fluids and water systems check.
- Maintain trip logs reflecting site locations and distance travels
- Comply with QA/QC, and HSSE regulations.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Minimum O’ level certificate.
- Minimum of three years of experience in driving heavy commercial vehicles and at least 2 years of experience in driving tankers.
- A permit class CM or CH.
- Defensive driving certificate in heavy good vehicle and road safety or certificate of professional competence (Driver CPC) a plus.
- Age: between 30–45 years.
How to Apply:
Documents required: cover letter & CV, academic documents, relevant certificates, license, permits, National ID and recommendation letter from local LC I.
Hard copies should be delivered to the office of District Community Development Officer (DCDO) in Nwoya & Pakwach, clearly addressed to Sinopec Service (Uganda) Limited.
All candidates who wish to send Email applications should merge all their documents into one single pdf document to firstname.lastname@example.org with file name format as “position+major+name”. Only candidates who been deemed to have fully met the requirements of the roles will be contacted for interviews.
NB: Those who applied earlier are encouraged to apply because of change in schedule. In case of clarification please contact:
- Mr. Phillip Okello – CLO on 0778023265
- Mr. Geofrey Matongo – NCO on 0782913680
Only candidates who been deemed to have fully met the requirements of the roles will be contacted for interviews.
Deadline: 2 weeks from date of advertisement