Job Title: Operational Risk Officer
Organization: Future Options Consulting Ltd
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Future Options Consulting Ltd is an online recruitment services which now seeks to recruit on behalf of its valued Client in the Banking and Finance Industry.
Job Summary: The Operational Risk Officer will be responsible for the implementation of policies and frame works for the identification, assessment, mitigation and monitoring of operational risk affecting the bank.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review the operational risk policies and systems and make recommendations for improvements required.
- Identify, analyze and aggregate the potential operational risks and make recommendations for the appropriate risk mitigation and monitoring measures.
- Monitoring the Implementation of the risk mitigation measures against all operational risks across all departments and functions of the bank.
- Carry our stress tests to ensure that the risk parameters are within the policy framework and the central bank guidelines.
- Carry out loss prevention programs through monitoring and management of the control environment.
- Review the adequacy of the business continuity management plans, processes and procedures and make recommendations for improvements.
- Train staff and periodic coordinate BCP testing out
- Assess the operational risk policies are implemented in CIB, and that all staff are aware of Operational Risk policies and procedures
- Monitor resolution of all Internal Audit recommendations related to operational risks
- Track and analyse the incidences of frauds committed or attempted, identify root-causes, and any gaps in the policies and systems and implement comprehensive measures to close loopholes.
- Assets and financial matters responsibility
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Finance/Accounting/Audit or any related fields.
- Three years of experience in a financial institution at officer level in a risk management function.
- Risk management skills
- Good communication skills
- Good team player
- Attention to detail
- Mental Skills
- Analytical ability
- Planning ahead
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are invited to send their applications enclosing curriculum vitae, copies of academic and professional certificates along with the names and contacts of three referees. Applications should be sent by post, courier, hand delivery or e-mail to the address given below; The Director, Executive Recruitment, Future Options Consulting Ltd, 4th Floor, DTB Centre, Kampala Road, P.O. Box: 34934, Kampala, Uganda. Phone: +256-414-231204/206, Email: email@example.com
Deadline: 9th November 2018