Vacancy title: Operations Associate
Type: FULL TIME.
Category: Social Services & Nonprofit
Jobs at: Cycle Connect
Deadline of this Job: 15th October 2019
Duty Station: Within Uganda , Lira , East Africa
Location: Lira, Uganda (Initial 2 months will be based in Gulu)
Experience: 6 months minimum
Why Cycle Connect?
Cycle Connect is delivering the products and services to rural farmers to unlock potential and propel communities forward. To catalyze farmers to realize their potential, Cycle Connect offers asset financing directly to smallholder farmers.
Our portfolio is growing with new assets that push upward mobility. We’re dedicated to serving farmers who are financially excluded and yet need access to assets on credit.
To date, our team has disbursed over 4,000 loans and are focused on another 3,000 in the coming twelve months.
About the role:
Cycle Connect is seeking to recruit an Operations Associate to support the Head of Operations in completing operational, systems, logistics, and administrative tasks related to day-to-day operations of Cycle Connect’s Lira branch.
He/she will provide Customer support to Cycle Connect clients.
Cycle Connect will be offering a 6-month probation period for this position, with the possibility of transitioning into a full contract..
Operations and Logistics:
1. Maintain, track, and monitor bicycle inventory spreadsheet and coordinate with mechanics for bicycle building based on weekly projections received from the Credit department. This includes end of month physical stock counts with Finance department, reconciling stock in vs. stock out by comparing physical stock counts to Musoni distributions, and reporting any discrepancies to Supervisor.
2. Update Fuel Consumption Per Officer Spreadsheet used to monitor fuel usage in Lira branch and share with Supervisor on a monthly basis for analysis.
3. Coordinate with Operations Administrative Assistant in providing monthly updates for Shell pre-payment to Operations Associate, and reporting low balances to Supervisor so that Lira fuel can be replenished on a monthly basis, and Fuel Consumption Spreadsheet for Lira branch can be completed.
4. Coordinate with Operations Administrative Assistant in managing Motorcycle Repair Schedule with the mechanic and ensuring that schedule is followed by staff and that repair/maintenance work is completed satisfactorily and the mechanic is paid for work done (general and minor service) on a monthly basis. Also, provide information on motorcycle repairs and maintenance to Operations Administrative Assistant to capture all work completed by mechanic in log for formal record-keeping.
5. Make sure all bicycles are chained up at the end of each workday and unlocked for disbursements when procedures have been met by the Credit team.
6. Ensure that Lira staff equipment and property are in good shape, and take charge of repairs that may arise around the office including scheduling grass slashing around the office.
7. Ensure petty cash requests for the Lira office are documented and properly receipted on a daily basis.
1. Be the first line of support to the Credit team in Lira for all issues relating to technology and information systems including how to use our systems (Musoni, GPS Tracking Website, etc.).
2. Develop training manuals to help streamline systems and procedures like how to use the tablets, mobile money payments, Musoni, G-Suite, or other web survey forms.
3. Coordinate with the Head of Operations to develop and implement new technology improvements including technology updates/upgrades and training the team on all new functionalities.
1. Attend to phone/walk-in clients in a cordial and friendly manner while upholding Cycle Connect values.
Does this sound like you?
• Willingness to learn and adapt.
• Flexibility and ability to work on a diverse team.
• Passionate and motivated to work for the benefit of rural communities and smallholder farmers.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Well organized individuals.
1. Minimum qualification of diploma from recognized university or college.
2. Fluency in Langi is required; speaking Luo/Acholi is an added advantage.
3. Strong computer skills and experience with Microsoft Excel required.
4. Preference will be given to those from Business Administration/NGO/Social Enterprise Backgrounds.
5. The ability to ride a motorbike is an added advantage.
Job Education Requirements: Diploma from recognized university or college
Job application procedure
Apply online here: http://bit.ly/2JGF5j5