Job Title: Operations Specialist
Organisation: Cardno International Development
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Cardno International Development (ID) manages a number of donor-funded programs throughout the world and engages in international development as a holistic, multidisciplinary and integrated process. Strengthened by our geographic and market diversity, we are committed to providing innovative and integrated solutions that create opportunities for significant, lasting change in emerging economies. Collaborating with multilateral and bilateral donors, private clients, governments and communities to develop sustainable solutions to complex challenges, we work with local counterparts to achieve meaningful impact. Cardno has implemented more than 120 projects in Uganda.
About USAID Project:
Cardno is implementing the five-year (2021-2026) USAID-funded Feed the Future Uganda Institutional and Systems Strengthening (ISS) Activity. The goal of the Activity is for key national level Ministries, Departments and Agencies (MDAs) and industry apex organisations (IAOs) that are vital to driving inclusive agriculture-led economic growth to fulfill their mandate, leading to pathways to prosperity, improved resilience, and better nutrition for the people of Uganda. The purpose of the Activity is to improve the performance and structures of MDAs and IAOs. This purpose will be achieved through the following four objectives: (1) Improve the internal processes of selected MDAs and IAOs, making them more responsive to the needs of their consumers, members, and the general public; (2) Improve the policy framework that supports the functionality of selected MDAs and IAOs; (3) Strengthen key capacity elements of select MDAs and IAOs to perform their mandates; and (4) Strengthen the “structures” or key vertical and horizontal linkages within, between and among institutions so that they work together more effectively to achieve their goals.
Key Duties and Responsibilities: The Operations Specialist will support office management and procurement processes, S/he will;
- Coordinate timely procurement of services and logistics on the Activity in line with approved procurement processes.
- Manage administration services support contracts.
- Provide vehicle logistics management and review/ validate vehicle maintenance requisitions.
- Establish and maintain an effective office information management system including files, hardware, and software.
- Develop, maintain, and make available the property inventory/tracker as and when relevant offices request for the same.
- Coordinate with the Communications Manager to ensure that property that must be branded is branded as applicable.
- Serve as the primary liaison person between the Activity and leased office premises/residence landlords and their management agencies and ensure that maintenance terms agreed to are adhered to
- Support staff to roll onto the online procurement system.
- Train drivers/vehicle service providers on updating logs and review driver reports.
- Ensure a safe, secure, and well-maintained facility that meets environmental, health, and security standards
- Manage the maintenance and repair of machinery, equipment, and electrical and mechanical systems
- Plan and coordinate administrative procedures and systems and devise ways to streamline processes
- Supervise the day-to-day operations of the operations team members
- Work with finance and management teams to set budgets, monitor spending, and other expenses.
- Planning, budgeting, scheduling, and promoting office events, including meetings, conferences, orientations, and training sessions
- Assist in the handling of human resources activities, such as recruitment, onboarding, retention, and exit processes as well as managing personnel databases and filing systems
- Asset trackers
- Electronic procurement filing system.
- Events tracker
- Vehicle maintenance and user tracker
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s degree in a related field. Additional qualifications in procurement will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of five years’ experience in handling office operations for a fast-paced office.
- Must be a Ugandan citizen.
- Previous experience working with high profile public and private sector actors.
- Demonstrated experience in procuring for and managing series of big events.
- Good understanding of USAID procurement rules and regulations
- Ability to coordinate work with multi-sector technical teams and run procurements on short notice.
- Excellent Language proficiency in spoken and written English
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including patience, diplomacy, willingness to listen and respect for colleagues.
How to Apply:
All candidates should send their applications and updated CVs to [email protected]
Deadline: 25th June 2021 by 4:00 pm EAT.