Job Title: Planning Engineer
Organisation: Sinopec (Uganda)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Sinopec International Petroleum Service Corporation (Sinopec Service) is a fully owned subsidiary of Sinopec Group, which ranks No. 2 in Global Fortune 500 in 2020. Sinopec Service is engaged in the provision of all project phases service for various sectors, including oil & gas, power, buildings, roads and bridges etc. We are looking for Construction and Project support personnel.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
The primary responsibilities of this position include:
- Develop Level-II & Level-III Engineering Schedules for EPC/PMC, FEED, and Project Proposal & Detail Engineering as per the Scope of Work & contract milestones.
- Revise the Master Schedule due to Scope Variation or Slippage from the Milestone Dates.
- Prepare EPC schedule for cross country pipelines FEED projects of Saudi Aramco which form the basis to compare the bidder’s schedule.
- Load resources in Primavera P6 schedule, update and analyze on monthly basis
- Generate and update Project S-Curves, Manpower Histograms, Progress Measurement Sheets and Presentations for Planning Package got it approved by Client.
- Perform Earned Value Analysis to ensure the cost and schedule are meeting with the cost and schedule baseline
- Prepare the Monthly Invoice Certificate for LSTK Engineering contracts based on the project progress.
- Update the staffing plan to reflect the (ETC) forecast manpower/man-hours which forms the basis to calculate ETC & EAC cost, revenue and margin.
- Generate and analyze standard reports related to Progress status, Productivity and Efficiency on a Weekly and Monthly basis for Client and Executive Management.
- Monitor the Project progress against the plan; Calculate the Productivity from the Earned vs Actual Man-hours in the deliverables-based Engineering Register / Document Control Register.
- Prepare & submit Proposal Engineering Statistics report for Client
- Provide software trainings and project management certification guidance to colleague and subordinates
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a B.Sc degree or equivalent in Mechanical Engineering.
- Widespread experience in Project Planning & cost Management.
- At least three years’ experience in similar position.
- Knowledge and experience in the interpretation of the contents of Pipeline Alignment Sheets
- Knowledge and experience in the interpretation of the contents of General Arrangement (GA) Drawings
- Knowledge and experience in the interpretation of the contents of Piping & Instrumentation Diagrams (P&IDs)
- Participated in at least one or two construction projects (either oil or gas) that involves main line/trunk lines/field gathering systems/cross country pipelines
- Familiar with pig launchers/receivers and anchor blocks
- Proficient in English, Office Software
- Ability to perform inspection functions with minimal supervision.
How to Apply:
All candidates should merge their applications into one single pdf document to email@example.com with file name format as “position+major+name”. Only candidates who been deemed to have fully met the requirements of the roles will be contacted for interviews.
NB: If you have not been contacted directly within two weeks of your application, then you have not been successful. In support of our commitment to the development of the local community, Ugandan national applicants will be given priority.