Vacancy title: Plant Secretary
Type: FULL TIME
Category: Admin & Office
Jobs at: Nile Breweries Limited
Deadline of this Job: 13 January 2021
Duty Station:Within Uganda , Jinja , East Africa
Date Posted: Monday, January 04, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Nile Breweries Limited the leading beverage company in Uganda and a subsidiary of ABInBev, the largest brewing group in the world, provides equal employment opportunities – promoting equality in the company. Our dream is to be the growth engine of AB InBev, creating and sharing superior value. We seek to recruit a dynamic, results oriented and self-motivated candidate for the post of:
Job Title: Plant Secretary – x1Vac
Reports to: Plant Manager
Duty Station: Jinja
To support Management in their effort to reach targets and deliver on their strategic goals by providing effective secretarial and administrative support. .
Duties and Responsibilities include:
Health, Safety and Environment
• Comply with safe, health and environmental procedures and legislation.
• Maintain safety and good housekeeping standards
• Identification of unsafe practices through SIO’s.
• Adherence to PPE policies.
• Receive and issue PPEs
• Office management, i.e. ensuring all equipment are in good working order & the required stationery & refreshments are available.
• Processing payment /GRN of various invoices.
• Accountabilities for various expenses made.
• Effective Diary co-ordination.
• Act as a reference point in the presence or absence of the PM
• Dispatching documents within and out of Uganda by courier – DHL and tracking to ensure receipt.
• Effective and timely handling of office visitors.
• Maintain professional care between stakeholders and the Company
• Preparing minutes and typing other documents as requested
• Maintain a neat filing system.
• Attending to all calls and taking necessary action, i.e. diverting to the departments
• Relay messages, faxes and any other communication
• Scheduling meetings / appointments
• Contribute to self and team development
Management Reporting &VPO
• Compile Monthly Reports: Collect and compile departmental reports from the HODs every month
• Ensure updated VPO boards
• Drive VPO pillars (esp. Safety & Management and people pillar)
Travel & Meeting Planning and Coordination
• Obtain flight options, make flight reservations and deliver tickets.
• Preparation of Letters of invitation and visa applications where necessary.
• Handling accommodation requests for employees travelling and visitors into Uganda.
• Organise a wide range of meetings, lunches both at internal and external venues which may involve influential contacts both locally and oversees.
• Organise car rental/ hire requests and processing the required purchase orders.
Budget Preparation & Management
• Assist to draft the Supply / PM departmental budget.
• Keep departmental expenses within set budgets.
• Highlight LE & possible overspends in monthly expenditure to budget
• Ensure right postings (correct amounts on correct accounts).
• Make adjustments where necessary to the PM’s account in consultation with him.
• Process and ensure payments to all suppliers in time.
• Other duties as maybe assigned from time to time.
Job Skills: Not Specified
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
• A good University Degree in Administration or any related field from an accredited institution.
• Good leadership potential
• Influencing ability
• Demonstrate a high level of trust, discretion, and confidentiality
• Ability to communicate well both verbally and written.
• Efficient, Self-motivated, organised and IT Literate (Excellent in MS office applications)
• Good knowledge of systems like Flowcentric, Syspro & Qdocs is an added advantage
Job Education Requirements: University Degree
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
The Company will offer a competitive remuneration package to the successful candidate. Candidates that have relevant experience, know that they meet the above criteria and have what it takes to excel in the above position, should send their CVs, which should include details of an active e-mail address, current position, Certificate/testimonials and email /telephone contacts of three (3) referees to [email protected] not later than 13th January 2021.
Nile Breweries Ltd is an equal opportunities employer and we promote gender equality in the company.
1) Indicate the position applied for as the subject of your email
2) Internal candidates should notify their line manager
3) All applications should be on mail.
People Business Partner / Supply Lead,
Nile Breweries Ltd, Jinja Plant,
P.O Box 762,