Job Title: Portfolio Associate
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Citigroup Inc. or Citi is an American multinational investment bank and financial services corporation headquartered in New York City. The company was formed by the merger of banking giant Citicorp and financial conglomerate Travelers Group in 1998; Travelers was subsequently spun off from the company in 2002. Citigroup owns Citicorp, the holding company for Citibank, as well as several international subsidiaries. Citigroup is incorporated in Delaware.
Citigroup is the third largest banking institution in the United States; alongside JPMorgan Chase, Bank of America, and Wells Fargo, it is one of the Big Four banking institutions of the United States. It is considered a systemically important bank by the Financial Stability Board and is commonly cited as being too big to fail. It is one of the nine global investment banks in the Bulge Bracket.
Job Summary: The ICM Portfolio Associate (PA) will report to the Portfolio Manager for (Early Warning Credit Management – EWCM or Portfolio Credit Monitoring – PCM) and will be help manage the processes and systems for the detection of early signals of distress within a specific wholesale portfolio, through a selected number of metrics and indicators for Early Warning, Limits and Covenants.
In this role, the PA will be responsible for liaising business partners, and assisting in executing the monitoring strategies and priorities, as well as contributing to the calibration of alerts, metrics and indicators for maximum efficacy.
The PA should be resourceful with the ability to produce recommendations to the portfolio owners that may include portfolio reviews, stress tests, risk appetite and underwriting criteria recalibrations, reclassification of facilities, risk rating changes among others
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assisting portfolio management and consistent with industry leading practices and conforms to all internal credit procedures/policies, and all related regulatory expectations
- Continuous engagement across ICM and with ICG businesses
- Help execute plans, strategy and objectives for EWCM / PCM in an effective and innovative fashion; assess and report progress in meetings objectives including promotion of a healthy working culture
- Coordinate with the Heads of EWCM / PCM, ICM, and key members of governance forums as appropriate to address and escalate emerging risk concerns, and to share best practices
- Assist in developing/enhancing Learning, Develop and Training for EWCM and PCM;
- Support PCM, ICM, and WCR on internal projects and initiatives
- Support PCM and ICM Voice of the Employee (VOE) initiatives
- Travel (less than 25%)
- Support and lead the Credit Reference Bureua (CRB) activities as CRB Project Manager with the below sub roles;
- Credit reference services reporting roles
- System support and monitoring role
- Dispute management Bank of Uganda monthly and periodic management Branch and management support role
- Monitor the CRB GLs fees collection and payment of CRB service providers.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s degree in business administration, Finance or Economics
- An MBA, CPA, CFA preferred, and formal credit training is a plus
- Financial Services experience (min 4 years) including credit experience in Banking or Risk Management
- Good analytical skills
- Ability to meet deadlines due to business needs
- Independent problem-solving skills
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills with strong attention to detail.
- Understanding of corporate finance and bank products
- Excellent presentation skills
- Self-starter, with proven ability to deliver on stretch goals
- Proven ability for project management
- Ability to multi-task
- Analytical Skills
- High levels of integrity and ethical standards
- Initiative and Ability to work independently
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Hands-on individual with attention to detail
- Computer literacy and good writing skills
- Flexibility: Ability to adjust to different situations and be willing to accept new challenges & ideas
- Team Player: Ability to integrate easily with peers, staff and senior managers
- Energetic – willingness and enthusiasm
- Process oriented – good planning & organization skills
How to Apply:
All candidates should apply online at the link below.