Procedure For Application For Transcripts/Certificates/ Statement Of Results at K.I.U
1) The Alumni must make application themselves for copies of degree certificates and transcripts. Requests for copies of degree certificates or transcripts by a third party will not be accepted.
2) The official prescribed transcript/certificate request form is available at the Information Desk in the Office of Academic Affairs. It can also be downloaded or completed at www.kiu.ac.ug by clicking on ‘Academics > Academic Transcripts > Academic Transcript Application Form’ or download the form (available in pdf or word format) from here: goo.gl/ORfZxi
3) The applicant should complete the application form and submit it in person at the Office of Academic Affairs or by email to [email protected].
4) The applicant should attach a passport size Photo (if not on the provisional transcript), valid identity card (preferably KIU student ID) of the applicant along with finance clearance.
5) Depending on the number of pending requests, transcripts can be processed while you wait. Please note, however, that if the number of transcripts pending is high or if transcript verification must be completed (for older student records), requests may take up to two business days to be processed.
6) Requests for transcripts are not processed during the weekend or during public holidays.
7) Transcript collection days are every Wednesday and Friday [2-5 p.m.]
8) There are no fees charged for issuing of transcripts/certificates. But applicants will be charged for postage. Also, applicants who request for certified copies or replacement of transcripts will be charged a fee of 5,000/ (five thousand Ugandan shillings) per set of transcript and or certificates.
9) Transcripts must be collected within 90 days after application. Applicants who fail to collect their transcripts within 100 days will be required to give a two-week’s notice of their intention to collect their transcripts and certificates. Such applicants will be charged a processing fee of 100,000/= (One Hundred thousand Ugandan shillings).