Job Title: Procurement Assistant
Organisation: Education Development Center (EDC)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Education Development Center (EDC) is a global nonprofit that advances lasting solutions to improve education, promote health, and expand economic opportunity, with a focus on vulnerable and under-served populations. Since 1958, we have been a leader in designing, implementing, and evaluating powerful and innovative programs in more than 80 countries around the world.
About USAID Project:
The goal of the five-year, USAID-funded Integrated Child and Youth Development (ICYD) Activity is for Ugandan children and youth, especially the most vulnerable, to receive the support and services necessary to lead resilient, healthy, and productive lives.
Job Summary: The Procurement Assistant will assist the Senior Procurement Manager to manage project procurement and ensure compliance with EDC policy and procedures and USAID regulations in support of project activities at the ICYD project headquarters and 5 zonal offices. The Procurement Assistant will report to the Senior Procurement Manager. This is a full-time position based in Kampala, Uganda.
Key Duties and Responsibilities: The Procurement Assistant is responsible for the following tasks, but not limited to:
· Generate and place purchase orders, create electronic receipts and maintain required proof of delivery documentation for orders as necessary;
· Support interface with customers, vendors, and administration finance offices as needed to provide quality assurance on purchasing transactions;
· Maintain proper documentation to verify that all procurements comply with USAID’s rules and regulations;
· Review invoice payments from vendors and compare to the terms of the purchase order or contract to ensure vendor invoices are accurate before submitting for payment;
· Provide support to ensure that procurement practices are in compliance with the project’s Policy and Procedures Manual and USAID rules and regulations;
· Work with suppliers to confirm receipt and status update of orders, investigate price/quantity discrepancies, coordinate the replacement, credit, and return of unsatisfactory deliveries; ensure completion of the procure-to-pay cycle; and escalate issues when needed;
· Support the preparation of the annual procurement plan with support from the Senior Procurement Manger, the DCOP, the finance and technical staff;
· Create and maintain the project inventory list in coordination with project management;
· Coordinate the development of local vendor list;
· Support project budget revisions by providing estimated pricing for goods and services;
· Actively participates in Collaborative, Learning and Adapting (CLA) processes in place within the project; and
· Conduct these and other tasks as required in support of ICYD Activity goals.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidate for the Education Development Center (EDC) Procurement Assistant job must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Social Sciences, or other related field.
· A minimum of three years’ experience managing procurement processes in Uganda. Experience working with USAID-funded programs preferred;
· Experience in competitive procurement of goods and services required (experience in administration of subcontracts and purchase orders strongly preferred);
· Detail-oriented and organized;
· Experience using computers and software at work, especially email and MS Word (experience with MS Excel highly desired);
· Ability to work hands-on, independently, and within team in high-paced work environment;
· Ability to travel frequently to zones and districts covered by the project.
· Language: Fluency in English is required.
Note: EDC doesn’t solicit for money from applicants at any level of the recruitment & selection process.
How to Apply:
All candidates should apply online at the link below.
Deadline: 5th February 2021