Job Title: Procurement Associate
Organisation: Greenlight Planet
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Greenlight Planet is a US venture-backed, award winning social enterprise driven by a mission to empower under-electrified communities with access to clean and affordable solar lighting. To date, more than 3 million households in low-income off-grid communities use Greenlight’s Sun King™ line of solar home lighting solutions.
Job Summary: The Procurement Associate will provide Operational Expertise to ensure efficient and effective delivery of procurement services
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Follow and enforce the company’s procurement policies and procedures.
- Ensure cost rationalization by carrying out price surveys to determine price trends to help suppliers’ appraisal
- Review, compare and analyze products and services to be procured as per company needs
- Maintain and update supplier information such as qualifications, delivery times, product ranges, etc.
- Maintain good supplier relations and negotiating contracts
- Research and evaluate prospective suppliers as per business requirements.
- Receive supplier invoices and verifying information on Supporting documents (delivery notes and supply requisitions-LPO) in order to establish information accuracy and initiate the purchase-to-pay process (P2P)
- Conduct due diligence on prospective suppliers to ensure compliance with regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Collaborate with key persons to ensure clarity of the specifications and expectations of the company
- Any other business as assigned by your supervisor within the duty scope
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management, Procurement and Supplies Management, or related discipline from a recognized university. A professional certification or membership like CIPS or CILT in Supply Chain Management, Procurement, and Supplies Management is an added advantage
- At least three years of work experience in procurement and supplies in a multinational organization
- Competently proficient in your computer skills: Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
- Are knowledgeable and have working experience with a robust ERP
- Possess a high degree of personal integrity and professionalism
- Demonstrate sound judgment, excellent analytical, interpersonal, communication, presentation, and reporting skills
- Have good planning and organising ability, self driven and able to work under minimal supervision
- Are passionate about working with rural, off-grid consumers and resolving their issues
- What we offer (in addition to compensation and statutory benefits);
- An opportunity to grow as a professional in a dynamic, fast-growing, high-impact industry
- The chance to work in an open-minded, collaborative culture surrounded by enthusiastic people who are driven by the challenge of continuously innovating and growing a smart, sustainable business with a profound impact on the world
- A genuinely multicultural experience: you will have the chance to work with and learn from people from different geographies, nationalities, and backgrounds
- Structured, tailored learning and development programs that help you become a better leader, manager, and professional through the Greenlight Academy
How to Apply:
All applicants should send their applications online at the link below.