Vacancy title:Procurement & Logistics Officer
Jobs at:Raising The Village
Deadline of this Job:Thursday 15 August 2019
Duty Station:Uganda , Kampala.
Raising The Village provides a combination of community based projects to address the immediate needs of households living in extreme poverty to support them in building their foundation for long-term household income development. Raising The Village is committed to building affordable and effective poverty solutions which deliver lasting outcomes. RTV is implementing projects in Kisoro, Kanungu, Rukungiri and has coordination office in Kampala and now expanding to Kagadi District.
PROCUREMENT & LOGISTICS OFFICER
The Procurement & Logistics Officer plays an important role within RTV. He/she is responsible for all procurement and logistics activities for Raising The Village which includes; acquisition of goods and services; fleet management; stores and inventory management as well as assets management in a timely manner and within the budget..
• Ensure that all RTV procurement of goods and services is completed according to the established Standard Operating Procedures at all times and completed within the timeframes stipulated in the policy and programmes department work plans.
• Ensure quick, efficient and supportive services for projects is provided with communication/feedback regarding difficulties and concerns.
• Prepare, maintain and file all documents related to procurement (such as Purchase Request Forms; Request for Quotations; Cost Benefit Analysis; Purchase Orders and all Tender documents) electronically and keeping hard copies.
• Ensure an accurate and detailed monthly procurement tracking report is prepared and circulated to the project teams District Managers and the Deputy Programs Director.
• Ensure that procured goods are received, registered and dispatched in an efficient and accountable manner.
• Develop procurement policies and procedures in accordance with international standards.
• Provide technical support and supervision to the Procurement Assistant.
• Ensure that all items moving through stores are handled in accordance with RTV policies and procedures and in a timely manner.
• Maintain proper store documentation for all project materials/items; and keep updated stock management documents at all times.
• Produce a monthly stock report and share with project and planning and evaluation teams to facilitate efficient use of items in the store while aiding re-stocking.
• Ensure that the RTV motor vehicle and fleet of motor cycles are handled within RTV policies and that a comprehensive fleet report is produced with an analysis of fuel consumption and general maintenance to ensure cost effectives of operations.
• Ensure appropriate use, maintenance and repair of the motor vehicle, motor cycles and generators.
• Manage the accuracy and timely update of the Asset Register.
Required Technical skills
• Solid knowledge and understanding of logistics procedures, policies, and systems;
• Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office suites;
• Ability to negotiate, establish and administer contracts;
• Excellent English verbal and written communication skills;
• Ability to build relationships and work effectively within teams;
• Strong negotiation and organization skills;
• Ability to multi task, prioritize, manage time efficiently in fast paced environments and meet competing deadlines
• Ability to travel 40% of the time to RTV field operations
Education Qualifications and experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Logistics/Procurement/Business Administration or related field.
• A minimum of 3 to 5 years’ experience in Logistics and Supply Chain Management.
• Should have a clear understanding of procurement ethics.
Job Education Requirements: Bachelor’s degree in Logistics/Procurement/Business Administration or related field
Job Experience Requirements: A minimum of 3 to 5 years’ experience in Logistics and Supply Chain Management
Job application procedure
Please follow the link to apply: https://forms.gle/k6voyibyPSzM1XkeA. Closing date for receiving applications is close of business Thursday 15 August 2019.