Job Title: Procurement Officer
Organisation: Joint Clinical Research Centre (JCRC)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Procurement Specialist
Joint Clinical Research Centre (JCRC) is a Centre of Excellence that was started in 1990 to address the very serious problem of HIV/AIDS, which was at its peak by that time. The institution is a limited liability, not for profit, Non-Governmental Organisation (NGO), which was initiated by a collaborative effort of: Ministry of Health, Ministry of Defence and Makerere University Medical School (currently College of Health Sciences).
Job Summary: The Procurement Officer will coordinate the procurement of supplies and equipment for supported health units and program activities. S/he will be responsible for ensuring effective and efficient functioning of all procurement and disposal activities of the project.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee procurement processes, including review of purchase requisitions, request for quotations, supplier selection, negotiations, purchase and delivery forms, and coordination with the stock management officer.
- Spearhead the process of supplier pre-Qualification and management.
- Management of leases, contracts and agreements for services and goods.
- Ensure JCRC and USAID procurement policies and procedures are adhered to
- Receive orders from program staff, ensuring the follow-up of the local purchases supplied, payments, and delivery confirmation.
- Procurement of printing for training materials (stationary, manuals, handouts, etc.) and stationary for workshops, and other events.
- Update and maintain the project procurement tracker.
- Stay abreast of donor policies, procedures, rules and regulations; compile and update applicable local policies; and train JCRC program and partner staff in these policies.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor of Procurement and Logistics Management or Bachelor of commerce, Business Administration or any other business related field.
- Three to five years of practical experience in the field of Procurement and Supply management with demonstrable knowledge of Public Procurement Laws of Uganda PPDA and USAID guidelines and regulations.
How to Apply:
All candidates should send their applications addressed to;
Manager Human Resource & Development,
Joint Clinical Research Centre,
Plot 101 Lubowa Campus off Entebbe Road,
P.O Box 10005, Kampala-Uganda.
Email: [email protected] Please strictly submit two documents combined in one PDF are required (Application letter and CV not exceeding 6 pages).
Deadline: Friday 6th August, 2021 by 12:00pm.
Note: JCRC is an equal opportunity employer. Any attempts of influencing the recruitment process will lead to automatic disqualification.