Job Title: Procurement Officer
Nkumba University is a private chartered University (Legal Notice No. 3 of 2007). The University is strengthening its management and administrative systems to enhance both policy initiation and implementation through recruitment of highly qualified and committed individuals.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Initiate, develop and implement the procurement policies and procedures.
- Work closely with and ensure effective communication with end user departments and collate their procurement requirements.
- Responsible for the development and implementation of the annual procurement plan.
- Prepare the budget for the procurement function.
- Compile and produce periodical procurement reports.
- Monitor and ensure compliance with the procurement policies and regulations.
- Offer technical support to the Tender/Contracts Committee of the University.
- Advise the University on the procurement of capital items.
- Oversee the Human Resources in the Procurement Unit.
- Develop and update service providers’ database.
- Work closely with suppliers and stakeholders and ensure timely delivery of procured goods and services.
- Liaise with the Finance Department to ensure availability of procurement funds and timely payment to suppliers.
- Attend to inquiries from bidders and suppliers.
- Collaborate with user departments by providing feedback on the status of their procurement requisitions.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should preferably hold a good Master’s degree in Procurement and Logistics Management or any other related field from a recognized University/ Institution.
- Professional qualification in procurement and supplies management, such as Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (CIPS) or International Supplies Management (ISM) will be an added advantage.
- A minimum of three years’ administrative/managerial experience in procurement related work
- Working in an appropriate IT environment.
- Integrity & Leadership skills.
- Creativity & innovativeness.
- Good financial management knowledge and skills.
- Skills and knowledge of procurement frameworks.
- Excellent analytical and report writing skills.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
How to Apply for the job:
All candidates should send their applications EITHER by e-mail OR hand delivery to the address below. Please endeavor to attach the 8 copies of the following:
- Duly filled application form, Download Here
- Detailed curriculum vitae.
- Copies of certified certificates and transcripts.
- Three sealed letters of reference.
The University Secretary
P.O. Box 237
E-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 31st October 2014 by 5:00 p.m