Vacancy title: Program Manager
Type: FULL TIME
Industry: Business Management and Administration
Jobs at: The NCD Alliance East Africa (EANCDA)
Deadline of this Job:
09 March 2021
Within Uganda , Kampala , East Africa
Date Posted: Friday, March 05, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The NCD Alliance East Africa (EANCDA) was formed in 2014 as an informal network of the national Non Communicable Diseases Alliances of East Africa. The goal was to create a strong Alliance of advocates to increase awareness and advocate for action against NCDs in the East Africa. EANCDA is now registered in Uganda and it’s organized in a cascading structure at three main levels at regional and national level. At regional level it is constituted by national Alliance of Burundi, Kenya, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda and Zanzibar (which is a semi-autonomous territory under Tanzania). The national NCD Alliances are in turn constituted by member Associations. .
• Responsible and accountable for the programmatic management of EANCDA Programmes.
• Lead the design and development of project strategies and plans with project teams in line with the overall EANCDA strategies,
• Develop and strengthen project staffs’ understanding on Project Cycle Management, partnership and participatory capacity assessment of country Alliances and other partner organizations.
• Ensure that project staff are implementing programme activities in line with donor requirements to achieve project outcomes,
• Ensure staff are conducting regular project monitoring, review and evaluation to achieve quality programmes
• Coordinate the preparation of timely and cost-effective operational plans, budgets and strategic plans with the project teams
• Job Responsibility #2 Programme financial management
• Act as accounting officer of EANCDA, by ensuring that the financial management and accounting of the organization is working well and effective.
• Support the budget planning processes to ensure that project funds are expended according to laid down procedures and plans
• Reporting to both the Board and to the donors through the Board
• Overseeing day to Financial management and accounting processes of EANCDA
• Work closely with the individual Program Officer in the day-to-day running of the project
• Overall HR management processes providing advice on the management of all staff to ensure that it is carried out within EANCDA stated policies, practices and procedures as well as the country employment laws
• Facilitate the mentoring and training of relevant staff to ensure that they have the appropriate skill levels for their positions and are developing to their full capacity
• Provide direct support to Programme Officers, Project Assistants, Project Supervisors and other supporting staff in the form of system/tools development, capacity building, problem solving, implementation and sustainability of the project with partners
• Implement policies and procedures that guide and support EANCDA activities, ensure compliance to code of conduct and Patients, gender and Patients protection.
• Taking lead in implementing of the recruitment and appraisal process of staff in consultation with the Board.
• Job Responsibility #4 Programme Quality, Accountability and Reporting
• Supervise project staff to improve project quality and monitor programme impact through quality supervision, coaching and directing
• Maintain special focus on maintaining a coherent M&E and reporting system, enhancing staff M&E capacities, documenting program strategies, processes, experiences and lessons learned; disseminating findings from various programme experience; and sharing EANCDA ’s project information in relevant regional level forums.
• Ensure submission of proper accountabilities of project funds and quality narrative report in line with donor requirements.
• Provide quarterly updates of lessons learned and best practices to Board in the absence of the
• PD, project teams and stakeholders.
• Facilitate linkages, collaboration and networking with other civil society organizations and government and other relevant institutions to enhance EANCDA visibility and Programme activities
• Represent EANCDA in various platforms and maintain positive linkages with government, regional governments and other relevant stakeholders with regard to EANCDA activities
• Strategy planning skills
• Knowledge of program management tools and procedures.
• Knowledge of people management skills, particularly influence management, organizational assessment and development.
• General knowledge of budgetary control and financial management, including ability to read and understand financial data.
• Written and verbal communication in English Language,
• Ability to secure donor funding
• Proven experience in proposal development and report writing
• Superior organizational skills and ability to multi-task on a constant basis
• Excellent interpersonal communication skills to build rapport with staff, partners, government officials, donors and community leaders
• Ability to work under pressure meeting deadlines in a fast-paced fluid environment
• Creative and flexible with good problem-solving skills
• Dynamic, proactive self-starter able to work independently
• Effective cross-cultural communication skills
• Appreciation of good and acceptable dress code, good PR acumen
Degree in Social Sciences, Public Health, Development Studies
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Interested applicants should visit website. https://eancda.org/program-manager-eancda/