Job Title: Program Officer – Education (NGO Jobs)
Organisation: Save the Children International
Duty Station: Uganda
Save the Children International is an international relief organization that was established in the United Kingdom in 1919 to improve the lives of children through better education, health care, and economic opportunities, as well as providing emergency aid in natural disasters, war, and other conflicts.
Job Summary: The Program Officer-Education will lead, supervise and facilitate the smooth running of the Save the Children International Basic Education and Teacher Professional Development through the Enabling Teacher Approach, policy advocacy community, teachers and children mobilization in the project Area. The Project Officer will be responsible for monitoring project quality, taking a technical initiative in education focuses studies, documentation of the lessons learned, dissemination of innovations and best practices by working together with other team members in his/her district of operation. The Job holder will work hand in hand with the Project Manager to ensure that the implementation and evaluation of the project activities is in line with quality standards of Education.
In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should preferably hold a University degree in Education, Community Development Studies, Social Work and Social Administration from a recognized Institution.
- At least three years of experience in implementation of Education projects in a development or humanitarian context.
- Excellent command of pedagogical knowledge, skills and contemporary knowledge of the global and national education trends.
- Experience in advocating, mobilizing and with working with multiple stakeholders, including Community groups, private sector, development agencies, government authorities, NGOs.
- Experience in working in the hard- to- reach and hard-to-live in remote areas
- Understanding of Child rights programming and principles
- Strong communication skills
- Computer skills especially in MS-Word, Excel and Power Point
- Motorcycle riding skills and a valid riding permit is a requirement
How to Apply:
All candidates who wish to join Save the Children should apply online at the link below.
Deadline: 5th August 2022