Job Title: Project Assistant – Biomedical Engineering (Fresher Jobs)
Organisation: Joint Medical Store (JMS)
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Project Manager – Biomedical Engineering
Joint Medical Store (JMS) is a Church-founded private not for profit organization whose mission is to supply medicines, medical equipment and related health care services of assured quality to the people of Uganda at affordable prices.
Job Summary: The Project Assistant – Biomedical Engineering will provide proactive and responsive Biomedical Engineering support services to customers, and lead on coordination of JMS activities that facilitate availability of stocks of medical equipment, their spare parts and accessories to meet customer service needs.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate the development of Preventive Maintenance schedules.
- Assess health facilities’ needs and offer technical guidance.
- Install, maintain, service and repair assorted medical equipment at various health facilities or JMS workshop to international standards
- Provide technical support to health units on retirement and disposal of medical equipment.
- Update the workshop management information system when any action is done out of the system and file all the necessary documents.
- Maintain an up-to-date list of inventory equipment in workshops and showrooms and issue Equipment repair requests and dispatch documents accordingly.
- Organize and maintain cleanliness of the workshop and showrooms and items therein to the required JMS standard.
- Develop and maintain a tracking system for all stock inventory including equipment, spare parts, consumables, and accessories thereby tracking products from receipt to point of sale and product use.
- Maintain accountability in the tracking system for all products delivered by JMS and coordinate periodic stock take exercises and harmonize inventory records.
- Perform sales and marketing activities to boost market for JMS products in Uganda and other geographical regions of interest to JMS
- Proactively contribute to preparation of annual operational plan activities for Biomedical equipment and services and actively participate in the planning and scheduling of marketing activities for JMS products to both new and existing JMS customers.
- Represent JMS products at conferences/ exhibitions in Uganda and other geographical regions of interest to JMS
- Offer technical consultancy services to both to new and existing JMS customers.
Key Result Areas:
- Planning and Scheduling of Maintenance Activities
- Installation, Maintenance and Repair of Equipment
- Management of showrooms and workshops documentation and records
- Inventory Tracking & Monitoring
- Sales and Marketing Support
- Customer Engagement
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal applicant for this job placement must hold a Degree or Diploma in Biomedical, Electro-Mechanical, Electronics Engineering or the equivalent.
- Specialized training and/or in repair and maintenance of medical equipment is an added advantage
- Two years of working experience in a similar position
- Customer care skills
- Team work
- Communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Marketing skills
- Proficiency in MS Office applications (Word, Excel, Power Point, Email
- Demonstrated ability to read and interpret schematics and equipment service manuals
- Competence in using all applicable test equipment and workshop tools required in the performance of the outlined duties
How to Apply:
All qualified candidates who meet all job requirements as indicated on the website are invited to submit their resume, copies of academic certificates, testimonials and three (3) referees including their day time telephone contact and email address.
Please forward your applications to:
Manager, Human Resources and Administration
Joint Medical Store,
P.O. Box 4501, Kampala.
Email to [email protected]
OR hand deliver your application to Joint Medical Store (JMS), Plot 1828 Gogonya Road, Nsambya. Kampala
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 10th August 2022 by 5:00 pm