Vacancy title: Project Coordinator
Type: FULL TIME.
Category: Social Services & Nonprofit
Jobs at: Sawa World
Deadline of this Job: Thursday, September 26, 2019
Duty Station: Within Uganda , Kampala , East Africa
Sawa World is an award-winning organization that uses an innovative approach to instantly transform the lives of unemployed and marginalized youth by giving them the skills to start micro-businesses in one day with locally-created and simple solutions to self-employment. We aim to impact 1 billion youth.
We want to know why you are the best person to join the Sawa World team on an exciting new project! Please make sure to include this in the body of your email.
Contract type: 12 months.
• Completed a degree in community development or a related field
• Has 2 – 3 years of experience in working with youth and communities in Uganda
• Self-driven and can develop creative programming for the Outreach Team
• Flexible with working hours and is able to travel across Uganda and work on weekends and some evenings when needed
• Has strong written and verbal communication and a solid understanding of Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Highly detailed oriented and has a professional and trustworthy personality
• Has a strong passion for eradicating poverty using local solutions
• Sociable and fun to be around
• Identifying and assessing the location for the different Skills training workshops during the project
• Support in the conducting of an in depth local Skills Assessment to identify the most effective local income skills (solutions) in one of the regions of Uganda coffee Belt
• Lead the establishment and oversight of the local solution Hub where practical training sessions, Marketing and Business management will be held on an ongoing basis
• Support in the recruitment of a Local coordinator in the selected local center who will be managing the day to day operations at the Hub and a Local Marketeer who will provide monthly coaching sessions to help youth expand their market potential and businesses
• Help in making monthly assessment visits to ensure proper running of the Hub
• Building partnerships locally and developing ties with prospect partners
• Organizing the an end event, the Project Impact Exhibition to showcase learnings, impacts and future potentials of the project
Salary range UGX 600,000 (gross income)
Job Education Requirements: Completed a degree in community development or a related field
Job Experience Requirements: 2 – 3 years of experience in working with youth and communities in Uganda
Job application procedure
Submit your CV and cover letter indicating why you want to work with Sawa World, and why you are the best candidate for the position to email@example.com.
Deadline: Thursday, September 26, 2019.
Please only apply if you meet the qualification criteria and kindly note that only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.