Job Title: Project Manager
Organisation: Finnish Refugee Council (FRC)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Finnish Refugee Council (FRC) is an NGO providing adult education and community development among refugees in Uganda since 1997 as an operational partner to OPM and UNHCR.
Job Summary: The Project Manager handles the project planning and implementation, supports M & E, writes reports. She/he is expected to have expertise on conflict resolution, peace building, leadership skills leading to social cohesion and community development. She/he has 2-4 persons to supervise.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead and coordinate project planning and implementation by ensuring that planned courses and activities are arranged, targets achieved within budget and timeframe.
- Support and ensure active M & E and data analysis is done to guide adjustments to improve quality and effectiveness.
- Ensure adequate monitoring, review of progress and beneficiary feedback to identify corrective actions.
- Provide vision and expertise on developing techniques, methodologies and materials for civic training (particularly leadership training, conflict resolution).
- Provide capacity building of staff and key stakeholders, create opportunities for learning.
- Submit quality project reports to HQ and donor on time and in agreed formats.
- Contribute to FRC Country Strategy paper and support project proposal writing.
- Ensure that plans and implementation incorporate gender, safeguarding, disability, HIV, environment and climate issues.
- Contribute to upholding safeguarding principles within FRC.
- Liaise with the civic & community development NGOs and government agencies at national level.
- Contribute to advocacy and information sharing work.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal applicant must hold a Master’s degree in Project Management / Conflict and Peace / Community Development / Development Studies / Social Sciences or any other relevant field.
- At least three years’ experience in a similar role.
- Proven expertise and experience in civic matters and community development.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and achieve results.
- Ability to use standard computing packages and basic M&E data tools.
- Fluency in written and spoken English
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested applicants should Email Application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Application and CVs should be one PDF document and a maximum of 5 pages
Include in your application letter:
- Gross salary request,
- Contact details (email and telephone) of 3 professional reference persons.
- Please quote the Position in the subject line.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Do not email copies of certificates.
Deadline: 29th August 2022