Job Title: Project Specialist
Management Sciences for Health (MSH) is a nonprofit international health organization composed of nearly 2500 people from more than 74 nationalities working in over 50 countries. Our mission is to save lives and improve the health of the world’s poorest and most vulnerable people by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health. Together with our partners, we are helping managers and leaders in developing countries to create stronger management systems that improve health services for the greatest , health impact.
About USAID USSHC Program:
USAID funded Uganda Systems Strengthening for Health Commodities (USSHC) is a five year program supporting the Government of Uganda’s health system to improve the availability and accessibility of essential medicines and health supplies (EMHS).The expected results of USSHC are to:1) strengthen national policies and strategies and support cost-effective, equitable, and transparent utilization of EMHS resources; 2) strengthen country capacity for effective management and utilization of EMHS; and 3) increase availability and access of EMHS among priority populations.
Job Summary: The Project Specialist will be responsible for the coordination and implementation of USSHC activities related to NDA in accordance with the time lines set in the National Drug Authority (NDA) /USSHC work plan. S/he will support the implementation of Good Pharmaceutical Practice (GPP) inspections. The job also requires field visits to drug facilities.
Key Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure smooth implementation of inspections in all USSHC supported health facilities
- Organize practical training in inspection of facilities using the inspection tool
- Prepare and provide lists of facilities ready for inspection to NDA
- The jobholder will also send periodic reports to districts and health facilities on the outcomes of GPP inspections highlighting quality improvements required
- Support NDA in reporting to USSHC Program on GPP inspections
- Support and train NDA in electronic data entry and reporting on GPP inspections
- Support implementation of the strategy to improve quality assurance systems for pharmaceutical wholesalers
- Plan and carry out any data collection related to NDA activities
- Assist NDA in implementing use of the verification of import computer system
- Manage IEC/BCC campaigns on GPP
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate should preferably hold a bachelor degree or diploma in Pharmacy, Social Sciences relevant field. Project management qualification an added advantage
- Three or more years working experience
- Past exposure and experience in drug regulation or drug management is preferred
- Work experience and extensive knowledge of the supervision, performance assessment and recognition strategy (SPARS) required
- Willingness to be flexible and adapt to changing priorities and shifting deadlines
- Strong teamwork and team-building skills
- Strong English skills required, including ability to write reports and documents
- Demonstrated computer skills, including knowledge of Windows, Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point
How to Apply for the job:
If you so desire to join MSH’s USAID Project and possess the necessary credentials, please send your application (cover letter and CV only) addressed to The Human Resources Partner at MSH, Plot 15 Princess Anne Drive, Bugolobi, P.O. Box 71419, Kampala, Uganda or email: HRUG@msh.org.
Deadline: 24th October, 2014 by 5.00pm