Proposal Writing Coordinator
The Proposal Writing Coordinator holds prime responsibility for developing project proposals that are submitted for funding to potential donors. In close collaboration with the Head of Program Development and Resourcing, the role holder is responsible for leading proposal development processes, ensuring coherence between project documents, log frames, narrative proposals and budgets. S/he aligns proposal development timelines with SCI donor account holders (Members) and ensures appropriate consultation with the relevant internal team members and external partners. S/he collects timely input from thematic specialists and assembles and actively writes attractive donor proposals. .
The Proposal Writing Coordinator has a proven track record in proposal development and possesses excellent written and verbal communication skills. S/he has strong interpersonal skills to work with different teams and the ability to represent SC Uganda with other INGO partners, donors and SCI Members.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS Essential:
• Master’s degree in Program/NGO management, social studies, development studies or alike.
• Minimum five (5) years experience in NGO or similar environment (preferably on children’s rights)
• Solid experience in more than one of the Save the Children priority sectors: Education, FS/L, Child Protection, Child Rights Governance, in development and emergencies
• Practical experience and successful track record in writing and leading proposals for a variety of donors, particularly EU/ECHO, USAID, DFID, private sector foundations and UNICEF
• Good knowledge of the development and emergency donor environment and expectations in Uganda
• Good knowledge of the landscape of implementing partners and government structures in Uganda (preferred)
• Familiarity with project design methods and tools (including assessments, logical frameworks, and work planning) and budgeting; strong appreciation for innovation and partnership as part of project development.
• Good interpersonal skills, effective negotiator, with proven ability to positively influence cross departmental and cross sector working.
• Good personal organisational skills, including time management, analytical skills and ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure
• Fluency in written and spoken English
• Commitment to and understanding of Save the Children’s aims, values and principles
• Information Communication Technology literateSharing is Caring! Click on the Icons Below and Share
Method of Application
Closing Date : 29 Oct, 2020