Uganda Electricity Transmission Company Limited (UETCL) is responsible for bulk purchase of electricity from the generating companies and selling the electricity in bulk to the distribution companies throughout Uganda. UETCL is also responsible for all exports and imports of electricity to Uganda. UETCL envisions: “To become a leading strategic business partner in the transmission and Single Buyer Business and to support sustainable energy development in Uganda”
Job Summary: The Principal Public Relations Officer will be responsible for effectively communicating to the public and promoting of UETCL’s corporate image and brand.
Key Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure UETCL’s External communication is consistent with the overall UETCL Strategy and Objectives and meet Company standards.
- Maintain and promote the positive image of UETCL.
- Actively promote the Company’s success by hosting and planning corporate events.
- Take part in developing and implementing Public Relations Section plans in line with corporate objectives.
- Design and implement communications strategies and programmes.
- Carry out briefings to staff on implementation of corporate identity standards as set out in the Corporate Identity Manual.
- Pro-actively participate in printing and distribution of in-house journals, newsletters, and other related publications to enhance communication.
- Maintain close relations with the media as a channel for information dissemination.
- Implement Corporate Social responsibility programmes and monitor their impact.
- Compile relevant corporate information and disseminate to respective Stakeholders.
- Assist in writing important Speeches.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience needed for the job:
- The UETCL Public Relations Officer should mainly hold a Bachelor’s (Hons) Degree in Mass Communication. Possession of a Master’s Degree in Mass Communication shall be added advantage.
- At least nine years Professional Working Experience in Corporate Communications of which 5 years should be in the Power Sector.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Corporate Communication Strategies.
- Must have good knowledge of general issues.
- Excellent analytical and very good Communication skills.
- The applicant must have good IT User Skills.
- Possess supervisory and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent report writing skills.
- The applicant must have Listening and Reading Skills
- A person of high integrity is motivated, innovative, result oriented and a committed team player.
How to Apply for the job:
All candidates are strongly encouraged to send their applications enclosing photocopies of academic qualification certificates and testimonials along with their curriculum vitae indicating contact postal address, daytime contact telephone, fax or e-mail and giving three (3) referees to:
Human Resource and Administration
- O. Box 7625
Deadline: 17th October, 2014.