Vacancy title: Quality Controller
Type: FULL TIME.
Category: Administrative & Office
Jobs at: Crown Beverages Limited
Deadline of this Job: 19th September 2019
Duty Station: Within Uganda , Kampala , East Africa
We are looking for result oriented and energetic professionals who can work under
minimum supervision to fill the following vacancy;
Quality Controller .
Quality Controller; Reporting to the Quality Assurance Shift Supervisor, the Quality Controller will be responsible for;
Process monitoring and control:
• Carrying out timely laboratory quality tests on all process inputs and the product using approved procedures.
• Interpreting test results, compare them to established specifications and control limits and make recommendations on appropriateness of data.
• Carrying out sensory evaluation for online products and export product where never required.
• Participating in root cause analysis to resolve quality issues.
• Monitoring CIP schedules and supervise the CIP process to ascertain it is carried out effectively.
• Checking for personnel hygiene and GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice).
• Ensuring periodic and effective EBI testing, monitoring and ensuring that the inspectors at the candling station are present and alert.
• Carrying out proficiency tests on samples sent from the bio-lab.
• Carrying out reagent preparation effectively and timely.
• Handling of Non-Conforming In-Process Products
• Identifying and handling non-conforming product /materials appropriately as per defined procedure.
Equipment Care and Handling:
• Calibrating laboratory equipment at required frequencies to ensure accurate measurements.
• Keeping all laboratory equipment clean, in good working conditions.
• Reporting of faulty equipment and ensuring timely follow up of the repairs/replacement.
• Carrying out monthly internal audits as may be assigned and submit timely report.
• Ensuring timely closure of audit non-conformances.
Skills and knowledge required:
• Computer Knowledge
• Analytical and numerical skills
• Audit skills
Qualifications and experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Food Science and Technology, Science Technology (chemistry/biology), Industrial Chemistry or its equivalent
• Professional training such as Bottler Quality Training(BQT), Quality Management Systems or FSSC 22000 is an added advantage
• 2 Years relevant experience in food processing and manufacturing.
Job Education Requirements: Bachelor’s degree
Job Experience Requirements: 2 Years
Job application procedure
If you meet the above requirements and are interested in taking up any of the opportunities, send your application, accompanied by a detailed C.V and copies of your academic certificates to the Human Resource Manager, Crown Beverages Limited, P.O. Box 20021, Kampala – not later than 20th September 2019.